Notebook Presario X1000

Good day,
I want to install Win ME on this machine for a friend of mine
and found, I think, all the drivers I need (inf, sound, video).
The last thing is the 15.4 " WXGA screen which I cannot find any driver
for and which I don't know if it will be supported by ME or not.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
8 answers Last reply
More about notebook presario x1000

    What OS came on the unit?
    HH

    "Bolooser11" <deadspam@today.de> wrote in message
    > Good day,
    > I want to install Win ME on this machine for a friend of mine
    > and found, I think, all the drivers I need (inf, sound, video).
    > The last thing is the 15.4 " WXGA screen which I cannot find any driver
    > for and which I don't know if it will be supported by ME or not.

    Nevermind. Just checked. Why on Earth would any sane person take off XP and
    install Millenium, the very worst Win 9X version?
    HH

    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What OS came on the unit?
    > HH
    >
    > "Bolooser11" <deadspam@today.de> wrote in message
    > > Good day,
    > > I want to install Win ME on this machine for a friend of mine
    > > and found, I think, all the drivers I need (inf, sound, video).
    > > The last thing is the 15.4 " WXGA screen which I cannot find any driver
    > > for and which I don't know if it will be supported by ME or not.

    I'd be downright shocked if any one bothered to write 9x/Me drivers for it.

    It's an XP World!
    > Nevermind. Just checked. Why on Earth would any sane person take off XP
    and
    > install Millenium, the very worst Win 9X version?
    > HH
    >
    > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > What OS came on the unit?
    > > HH
    > >
    > > "Bolooser11" <deadspam@today.de> wrote in message
    > > > Good day,
    > > > I want to install Win ME on this machine for a friend of mine
    > > > and found, I think, all the drivers I need (inf, sound, video).
    > > > The last thing is the 15.4 " WXGA screen which I cannot find any
    driver
    > > > for and which I don't know if it will be supported by ME or not.

    What I know is that she has a licence for ME that she likes
    and wants to install it on this machine.
    Might seem strange but I know a few people who like ME
    and have it on fairly recent machines...personally I have Win98SE
    and do not want anything else.
    This notebook came with XP but she does not like it at all (can't blame her
    for that) and wants to get rid of it.

    HH <hahunt42@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message :
    TBHyc.59$J82.34@fe25.usenetserver.com...
    > Nevermind. Just checked. Why on Earth would any sane person take off XP
    and
    > install Millenium, the very worst Win 9X version?
    > HH
    >
    > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > What OS came on the unit?
    > > HH
    > >
    > > "Bolooser11" <deadspam@today.de> wrote in message
    > > > Good day,
    > > > I want to install Win ME on this machine for a friend of mine
    > > > and found, I think, all the drivers I need (inf, sound, video).
    > > > The last thing is the 15.4 " WXGA screen which I cannot find any
    driver
    > > > for and which I don't know if it will be supported by ME or not.

    It's not yet a Big brother world, thank u ?
    Just found the drivers I needed for this machine
    for Win98/ME.
    Never be an XP world for me and so many others,
    no way.
    Might turn out to be a Linux world.
    Hey, that's what IBM is going to deliver his machines with ;-)
    Cheers
    Tom Scales <tomtoo@softhome.net> a écrit dans le message :
    HdqdnUe4MJM011bd4p2dnA@comcast.com...
    > I'd be downright shocked if any one bothered to write 9x/Me drivers for
    it.

    > It's an XP World!
    > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Nevermind. Just checked. Why on Earth would any sane person take off XP
    > and
    > > install Millenium, the very worst Win 9X version?
    > > HH
    > >
    > > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > What OS came on the unit?
    > > > HH
    > > >
    > > > "Bolooser11" <deadspam@today.de> wrote in message
    > driver

  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Glad you found them. I'd suggest, though, before you dismiss XP, you just
    choose the option to make it 'look' like ME, rather than the new snazzy
    interface.

    It is SO much more stable.

    Tom
    > It's not yet a Big brother world, thank u ?
    > Just found the drivers I needed for this machine
    > for Win98/ME.
    > Never be an XP world for me and so many others,
    > no way.
    > Might turn out to be a Linux world.
    > Hey, that's what IBM is going to deliver his machines with ;-)
    > Cheers
    > Tom Scales <tomtoo@softhome.net> a écrit dans le message :
    > HdqdnUe4MJM011bd4p2dnA@comcast.com...
    > > I'd be downright shocked if any one bothered to write 9x/Me drivers for
    > it.
    > >
    > > It's an XP World!
    > > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Nevermind. Just checked. Why on Earth would any sane person take off
    XP
    > > and
    > > > install Millenium, the very worst Win 9X version?
    > > > HH
    > > >
    > > > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > driver

  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Exactly! Configure the OS the machine was designed to run on to her liking.
    You may find 98/ME drivers that will "work" but you're turning down a dead
    end street. Much better to avoid that dead end now than to have to back out
    of it later. There's always a learning period for users when you put a new
    OS in front of them. Find out what she doesn't like and maybe we can help
    you with the issues. Usually it's just cosmetics. Ask her in a month or two
    if she still wants to go back to the old way and she'll probably smack you
    hehe..

    > Glad you found them. I'd suggest, though, before you dismiss XP, you just
    > choose the option to make it 'look' like ME, rather than the new snazzy
    > interface.
    >
    > It is SO much more stable.
    >
    > Tom
    > "Bolooser11" <deadspam@today.de> wrote in message
    > > It's not yet a Big brother world, thank u ?
    > > Just found the drivers I needed for this machine
    > > for Win98/ME.
    > > Never be an XP world for me and so many others,
    > > no way.
    > > Might turn out to be a Linux world.
    > > Hey, that's what IBM is going to deliver his machines with ;-)
    > > Cheers
    > > Tom Scales <tomtoo@softhome.net> a écrit dans le message :
    > > HdqdnUe4MJM011bd4p2dnA@comcast.com...
    > > > I'd be downright shocked if any one bothered to write 9x/Me drivers
    for
    > > it.
    > > >
    > > > It's an XP World!
    > > > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > XP
    > > > and

    > > > driver

  8. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    I strongly support David and Tom on this one!
    HH

Compaq Notebooks Presario Computers