Trojan virus removal & backing up the registry

My HPa250n with xp is infected with the Trojan horse virus. In backing up
my registry file prior yto removal, am I just copying the virus for
re=infection after restaet after I have removed it ?

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:05:04 -0800, "tower709"
<tower709@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My HPa250n with xp is infected with the Trojan horse virus. In backing up
>my registry file prior yto removal, am I just copying the virus for
>re=infection after restaet after I have removed it ?
You wont be copying the malware itself, but if that malware
made any changes to the registry, those will be backed up.

Is this a safety backup or do you intent do restore from it?

Dave