My CD drive not working

April 1, 2005 3:01:48 AM

My CD drive is not working at all. It won't even read the cd's. It was
working fine previously, and then one day it just quit. I am using
Windows XP and my computer is about a year old...can anyone help me to
get the drive working?!?

--
kennedy

More about : drive working

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 12:22:35 PM

kennedy <kennedy.1ms7pt@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>My CD drive is not working at all. It won't even read the cd's. It was
>working fine previously, and then one day it just quit. I am using
>Windows XP and my computer is about a year old...can anyone help me to
>get the drive working?!?

See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084), "How to
Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD Discs"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641) and "CD-ROM Access Is
Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code 39
After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314060).

--
(tm)
!