My CD drive not working

My CD drive is not working at all. It won't even read the cd's. It was
working fine previously, and then one day it just quit. I am using
Windows XP and my computer is about a year old...can anyone help me to
get the drive working?!?

--
kennedy
1 answer Last reply

    kennedy <kennedy.1ms7pt@pcbanter.net> wrote:

    >My CD drive is not working at all. It won't even read the cd's. It was
    >working fine previously, and then one day it just quit. I am using
    >Windows XP and my computer is about a year old...can anyone help me to
    >get the drive working?!?

    See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
    Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084), "How to
    Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD Discs"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641) and "CD-ROM Access Is
    Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code 39
    After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314060).

    --
    (tm)

CD Drives Microsoft Windows XP