Sign in with
Your question

Ps3 slim wont go into safe mode

Last response: in Video Games
December 31, 2011 12:47:24 AM

Hello,i have an 160 gb ps3 slim. everything was going well until one day for no random reason it wouldnt display on my tv. its all connected right you can see the red light but when you press power theres no display. it also wont turn off unless you hold it down for about 5-10 seconds. it cannot go into safe mode. my controller wont connect either. thats about it.
a b î Playstation
January 4, 2012 7:15:29 PM

Obviously, make sure the tv is set to the correct input. Also, does the red light turn green when you power it on or is it amber or blinking red? Does the controller get assigned if it's attached to the usb port via the charging cable?

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id...
m
l
January 14, 2012 9:25:05 PM

yes its correct input. yes it turns green. no controller doesnt connect when in usb port.
m
l
Related resources
a b î Playstation
January 16, 2012 11:11:46 AM

At this point, I'd contact sony support or check with sony's forums. It sounds like a video problem, but you never know. It may just be the hard drive. if you are up to it, you could try swapping in a new hard drive and see if it fixes the problem. There are plenty of videos on youtube that show how to do this. It's a quick 5-10 minute job. Sony's web site also show how to swap the drive.
m
l
May 13, 2012 1:26:02 AM

seanlee92 said:
Hello,i have an 160 gb ps3 slim. everything was going well until one day for no random reason it wouldnt display on my tv. its all connected right you can see the red light but when you press power theres no display. it also wont turn off unless you hold it down for about 5-10 seconds. it cannot go into safe mode. my controller wont connect either. thats about it.

Check out this link to a forum thread I just started. Someone might post answers to both of our problems.

EDIT: I just realized I never posted the link

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37710491#37...
m
l
June 4, 2012 8:49:33 AM

The EXACT same thing has happened to me. Exact same playstation, exact same problem. It is definitely a hardware problem.
m
l
June 5, 2012 12:19:27 AM

TheImmortal08 said:
The EXACT same thing has happened to me. Exact same playstation, exact same problem. It is definitely a hardware problem.

I just sent it in to them for $110. I'll post on here and tell you what they say when it gets back in a week.
m
l
!