Can't Download

Help! New computer, two months into it and I cannot download a thing! No
music, no video, nada! I don't know what settings I messed up, don't know
what I did. I was initially able to download from Winmx, Walmart downloads,
etc. Now, it takes forever and eventually just times-out. Please, can
someone talk me through what settings I may have knocked around by mistake?
I have cable internet, modem is working fine, etc. It's something within my
"security" settings for Norton antivirus or Windows firewall, I think.
Any help is great.
Thanks,
Betty
4 answers Last reply
More about download

    I should clarify, only media downloads do not come through. I can still
    download applications or programs from places like downloads.com or from
    purchased downloads (but still not purchased MUSIC downloads).

    shredbetty32 <shredbetty32@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Help! New computer, two months into it and I cannot download a thing! No
    >music, no video, nada!

    If you do not get further help from here, post this to

    --
    (tm)

    go into internet options and go through privacy settings tab and click on
    default and do the same with other tabs click on default that will set u
    back to the way it was when u first got the pc good luck!

    I did all that. I'm calling Dell today to see WTF,M? and if there's
    something odd I did inadvertantly, I'll post it here so that other PC
    amateurs may benefit or watch out.
    Thanks.

    "zombonezombone" wrote:

    > go into internet options and go through privacy settings tab and click on
    > default and do the same with other tabs click on default that will set u
    > back to the way it was when u first got the pc good luck!

Download Windows XP