When I restart my computer I get a error Mutex 2 Could not reopen? Could
someone help me with this?

A mutex object is a synchronization object whose state is set to signaled when it is not owned by any thread, and nonsignaled when it is owned. Only one thread at a time can own a mutex object, whose name comes from the fact that it is useful in coordinating mutually exclusive access to a shared resource. For example, to prevent two threads from writing to shared memory at the same time, each thread waits for ownership of a mutex object before executing the code that accesses the memory. After writing to the shared memory, the thread releases the mutex object.

So it's a standard thingy in multi threaded applications (how an application multitasks within itself - ie one thread prints and the other allows you to still click and type).

You need to find what is saying this. Look in event viewer for hints or errors arond the same time you recieved the message.

"kurly5ue" <kurly5ue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FA3D0F1-D831-4E4B-843E-3C8B41584458@microsoft.com...
> When I restart my computer I get a error Mutex 2 Could not reopen? Could
> someone help me with this?

I've often wondered how applications in a multi-threaded environment figure
out 'who goes first'. I'm sure it's a complex process, but I thank you for
that information.

Modem Ani

"David Candy" wrote:

> A mutex object is a synchronization object whose state is set to signaled when it is not owned by any thread, and nonsignaled when it is owned. Only one thread at a time can own a mutex object, whose name comes from the fact that it is useful in coordinating mutually exclusive access to a shared resource. For example, to prevent two threads from writing to shared memory at the same time, each thread waits for ownership of a mutex object before executing the code that accesses the memory. After writing to the shared memory, the thread releases the mutex object.
>
> So it's a standard thingy in multi threaded applications (how an application multitasks within itself - ie one thread prints and the other allows you to still click and type).
>
> You need to find what is saying this. Look in event viewer for hints or errors arond the same time you recieved the message.
>
> "kurly5ue" <kurly5ue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FA3D0F1-D831-4E4B-843E-3C8B41584458@microsoft.com...
> > When I restart my computer I get a error Mutex 2 Could not reopen? Could
> > someone help me with this?

OK, from my event viewer: Error 1:the Windows Firewall/ICS service
terminated with the following error. An address incompatible with the
requested protocol was used.
I haven't been able to turn my firewall on for a while now.

Error 2: The folloing Bootstart driver(s) failed to load: i8042prt

Error 3: The computer browser service terminated with the following error.
This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

Error 4: Is the same as Error 1.

Error 5: Is the same as error 2.

Error 6: Is the same as error 3.

I have a warning that happined 2 hours after I posted. But it sounds more
related than the errors:
The time service has not been able to syncronize the system time for 49152
seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable
time stamp. The system clock is unsyncronized.

Have these got the same time as the message, ie when you boot. It's best to do one thing at a time and they may not be related to the dialog. Though the three could be related to each other.

Anyway does this apply, MS Antispywear (a very poor program)
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:y3vRbhjqm1wJ:support.microsoft.com/kb/892350+site:microsoft.com+10047+&hl=en&start=6&lr=lang_en

"David Candy" wrote:

> Have these got the same time as the message, ie when you boot. It's best to do one thing at a time and they may not be related to the dialog. Though the three could be related to each other.
>
> Anyway does this apply, MS Antispywear (a very poor program)
> http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:y3vRbhjqm1wJ:support.microsoft.com/kb/892350+site:microsoft.com+10047+&hl=en&start=6&lr=lang_en

> "kurly5ue" <kurly5ue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE133B44-AAFF-411D-9D13-9D330754D62B@microsoft.com...
> >

> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> A mutex object is a synchronization object whose state is set to signaled when it is not owned by any thread, and nonsignaled when it is owned. Only one thread at a time can own a mutex object, whose name comes from the fact that it is useful in coordinating mutually exclusive access to a shared resource. For example, to prevent two threads from writing to shared memory at the same time, each thread waits for ownership of a mutex object before executing the code that accesses the memory. After writing to the shared memory, the thread releases the mutex object.
> >>
> >> So it's a standard thingy in multi threaded applications (how an application multitasks within itself - ie one thread prints and the other allows you to still click and type).
> >>
> >> You need to find what is saying this. Look in event viewer for hints or errors arond the same time you recieved the message.
> >> --

> > OK, from my event viewer: Error 1:the Windows Firewall/ICS service
> > terminated with the following error. An address incompatible with the
> > requested protocol was used.
> > I haven't been able to turn my firewall on for a while now.
> >
> > Error 2: The folloing Bootstart driver(s) failed to load: i8042prt
> >
> > Error 3: The computer browser service terminated with the following error.
> > This operation returned because the timeout period expired.
> >
> > Error 4: Is the same as Error 1.
> >
> > Error 5: Is the same as error 2.
> >
> > Error 6: Is the same as error 3.
> >
> > I have a warning that happined 2 hours after I posted. But it sounds more
> > related than the errors:
> > The time service has not been able to syncronize the system time for 49152
> > seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable
> > time stamp. The system clock is unsyncronized.
> OK my Process Guard is the program that was reporting the error. I've uninstalled it and restarted my computer no error Silly me no program to catch it. Do you think I should reinstall my Process Guard or what do you recommend I do if anything??

What happened to the other 3 errors. Do they still appear at reboot (assuming they were associated with Mutex error).

I wouldn't rule out that you are infected with a virus.

You can contact PG at http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=contact and there is a forum like this at http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13 about PG.

"David Candy" wrote:

> What happened to the other 3 errors. Do they still appear at reboot (assuming they were associated with Mutex error).
>
> I wouldn't rule out that you are infected with a virus.
>
> You can contact PG at http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=contact and there is a forum like this at http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13 about PG.

> "kurly5ue" <kurly5ue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6784FC2-FF38-4A69-8761-B7A60BF0C43D@microsoft.com...
> >

> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> Have these got the same time as the message, ie when you boot. It's best to do one thing at a time and they may not be related to the dialog. Though the three could be related to each other.
> >>
> >> Anyway does this apply, MS Antispywear (a very poor program)
> >> http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:y3vRbhjqm1wJ:support.microsoft.com/kb/892350+site:microsoft.com+10047+&hl=en&start=6&lr=lang_en
> >>

> >> --

> >> OK my Process Guard is the program that was reporting the error. I've uninstalled it and restarted my computer no error Silly me no program to catch it. Do you think I should reinstall my Process Guard or what do you recommend I do if anything??
> Wildersecurity link helped. My Process Guard was not running properly. Thanks David Candy keep up the great work!!

i am trying to delete icsviewer6.0 but it want let me .i cant even find it
on my computer. i need some help i used to have it to where i could download
a application and fill it out but when i try now it says i need to download
the pure edge viewer then when i try to load this it says i already have a
version that i have to uninstall it but i cant find it to do so please help
if you can .