Windows Boot-up Delay

April 1, 2005 11:35:04 AM

For some time now I've had a boot-up delay on my PC that I cannot seem to fix
or find the cause for. When I start my PC, I see the BIOS screen for a
split-second, I see the Windows XP Professional Loading screen, then I get a
blank screen for about 60 seconds during which there is little indication
that my PC is doing anything (even the hard drive activity seems
non-existent) before it finally continues loading Windows and comes to the
Logon screen.

Upon reviewing the Event Viewer System Logs, I've found a recurrant event
during every boot. About a minute after the Event Viewer service is started,
the first event listed is this error message:

Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7000
The Winmodem service failed to start due to the following error:
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

I've followed the Help and Support Center link, but it hasn't provided much
insight. I did, however, follow one instruction from that link which was to
run an SC Query on the failing service. The resulting WIN32_EXIT_CODE is
1450. I do not know what this indicates, but that is all the software
related data I know how to collect regarding this problem.

I personally don't see how there could be a resource problem. The specs of
my PC are as follows:

CPU: Pentium 4 2.53GHz
Memory: 1.00 Gb of RAM
OS: Windows XP Professional with SP 2 (this problem existed before SP 2)
HD: 114.4 Gb Total, 17.13Gb Free, 4096Mb Paging File
Video: ATI Radeon 9600 XT AGP with 128Mb RAM

If anyone has any clues as to how I can get my PC to load all at once as it
should and eliminate this error situation, I'm all ears. Thanks.

More about : windows boot delay

Anonymous
April 2, 2005 6:07:09 AM

C:\Documents and Settings\David Candy>net helpmsg 1450

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

Your system specs are irrelevent. Try removing/updating/roll back your winmodem driver.

"SilentBen" <SilentBen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:851DCB3E-17A3-446B-AD32-66B561C5D5BE@microsoft.com...
> For some time now I've had a boot-up delay on my PC that I cannot seem to fix
> or find the cause for. When I start my PC, I see the BIOS screen for a
> split-second, I see the Windows XP Professional Loading screen, then I get a
> blank screen for about 60 seconds during which there is little indication
> that my PC is doing anything (even the hard drive activity seems
> non-existent) before it finally continues loading Windows and comes to the
> Logon screen.
>
> Upon reviewing the Event Viewer System Logs, I've found a recurrant event
> during every boot. About a minute after the Event Viewer service is started,
> the first event listed is this error message:
>
> Source: Service Control Manager
> Event ID: 7000
> The Winmodem service failed to start due to the following error:
> Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

> I've followed the Help and Support Center link, but it hasn't provided much
> insight. I did, however, follow one instruction from that link which was to
> run an SC Query on the failing service. The resulting WIN32_EXIT_CODE is
> 1450. I do not know what this indicates, but that is all the software
> related data I know how to collect regarding this problem.
>
> I personally don't see how there could be a resource problem. The specs of
> my PC are as follows:
>
> CPU: Pentium 4 2.53GHz
> Memory: 1.00 Gb of RAM
> OS: Windows XP Professional with SP 2 (this problem existed before SP 2)
> HD: 114.4 Gb Total, 17.13Gb Free, 4096Mb Paging File
> Video: ATI Radeon 9600 XT AGP with 128Mb RAM
>
> If anyone has any clues as to how I can get my PC to load all at once as it
> should and eliminate this error situation, I'm all ears. Thanks.
February 12, 2007 11:55:27 AM

I'm having this exact same issue. I haven't gone in as deep as you on it, but it looks like an issue that a lot of people are having. Has anyone found a solution anywhere? I've found numerous threads through google, but none of them go anywhere...
July 20, 2009 3:58:23 PM

I have the same problem, but i know what is causing it. I bought an audio card (genius) and after i instaled it i started having this delay. But i noticed that if i open my pc with no usb devices connected the delay doesn't occur. I've tried changing the pci slot but there is no difference. Does someone know how to solve it because it's annoying to remove all the usb devices before i open my pc.
July 20, 2009 7:47:21 PM

have you tried going into the bios and disabling legacy usb?
!