Sign in with
Your question

Can my windows 7 run skyrim

Last response: in Video Games
December 31, 2011 5:24:57 AM

Hello, i was just wondering if my ASUS A53U with 4GB of memory and 640GB of hard drive could run skyrim well enough to enjoy it. A good response would be appreciated.

It has an AMD Radeon HD 6300 series graphics card with approximately 1965 MB of total memory, im not sure exactly what im supposed to add so i'll also say that it has an internal DAC of 400MHz, responses have been good so far, thanks :) 

More about : windows run skyrim

December 31, 2011 6:02:10 AM

egontoast said:
Hello, i was just wondering if my ASUS A53U with 4GB of memory and 640GB of hard drive could run skyrim well enough to enjoy it. A good response would be appreciated.

Hey,
Yes you are going to be able to play Skyrim but you are going to have to run it on low or medium settings. This will affect the "Wow" factor of the game with the great scenery and view distance of the game.

In my opinion, the gameplay of the game will make up for the lowered graphics as its a great game.

Hope this helped :) 
January 2, 2012 8:09:48 PM

This is the requirements for Skyrim:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-S...
If you're too lazy to click the link, This is the minimum required:
Spoiler
Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Dual Core 2.0 GHz or equivalent processor
2 GB System RAM
6 GB free HDD Space
Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation

It looks like you meet some of the requirements (CPU, RAM, HDD space) but I'm iffy about the graphics card. Can you open the Direct X diagnostics and check? (go to run and run this: dxdiag). I don't think your video card has enough RAM to run Skyrim...sorry
!