using batch file to backup and burn cd (but get errors)

Hello,

Here is a quick overview of what I am trying to accomplish:

I wrote a batch file that takes files from common folders (My Documents,
Desktop, etc.) and copies them to:

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\

Now whenever I go to write these files to a CD (using XP inbuilt CD
Writing), it fails in about a minute while its "creating an image to burn"
giving just a general error. I have looked all over the web and newsgroups
for an answer and can't seem to find one.

The weird thing is, if I take all those files and just drag and drop them
onto the CD and burn, it works fine.

So what I am asking is whats the difference between me drag and dropping
files and using xcopy in command window to copy files.

Thanks for your time.

Rishi

It works for me using a batch file...

What is the error message you are getting?
How big are the files you're trying to copy?
Are they in use when you try to burn the cd?