using batch file to backup and burn cd (but get errors)

Hello,

Here is a quick overview of what I am trying to accomplish:

I wrote a batch file that takes files from common folders (My Documents,
Desktop, etc.) and copies them to:

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\

Now whenever I go to write these files to a CD (using XP inbuilt CD
Writing), it fails in about a minute while its "creating an image to burn"
giving just a general error. I have looked all over the web and newsgroups
for an answer and can't seem to find one.

The weird thing is, if I take all those files and just drag and drop them
onto the CD and burn, it works fine.

So what I am asking is whats the difference between me drag and dropping
files and using xcopy in command window to copy files.

Thanks for your time.

Rishi
1 answer Last reply
More about using batch file backup burn errors

    It works for me using a batch file...

    What is the error message you are getting?
    How big are the files you're trying to copy?
    Are they in use when you try to burn the cd?

Burner CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP