Upgraded and now it can't find my modem

I just upgraded another computer of mine to XP and now it isn't detecting the
modem and I don't know what type of modem it has in it, so can someone PLEASE
help me!!!

Sometimes, it is better to buy a new modem than try to look for drivers
suitable for an older type..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Lucky4530" <Lucky4530@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded another computer of mine to XP and now it isn't detecting
>the
> modem and I don't know what type of modem it has in it, so can someone
> PLEASE
> help me!!!

What brand of PC is it Lucky? If it is a common brand such as Dell or Compaq
you can usualy get the driver at the vendors web sight.

If it is a off brand then pull the modem out of the PC. Look for any model
numbers on the board. Write down all of them that you find. Goto
www.Google.com and do a saerch with the differant numbers. Most likely one of
the numbers will point you towards the manufacturer of the card. Once you
find this go look for the drivers at that manufacturers websight.

The Woodpile