EQ2: Better Norrathian Homes and Gardens

So where do y'all think is the nicest place to have a home in Norrath?

Some of the villages are charming. Are all of the basic rooms as stark as
the bare wood in a basic Castleview room?

I've also noticed that some of the high rent areas still don't have very
nice floors and walls. For example, much of the wood in N. Qeynos is still
kinda ratty. Of course, I haven't looked at any of the private rooms. Maybe
they are plastered or painted.

Is it possible to stick your head in a room and look around? It says you
have to pay rent but I'm still on my free week. What if I entered a room but
then changed back? Would that keep me at my old rate without losing my free
days?

Where have you moved to impress your friends and visitors? Anybody want to
post their homes open for visiting on Antonia Bayle?

Vardiss
3 answers Last reply
More about norrathian homes gardens

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 00:02:58 GMT, "Vardiss" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote:

    >Some of the villages are charming. Are all of the basic rooms as stark as
    >the bare wood in a basic Castleview room?

    All the "village" rooms look the same for each city. Freeport's look
    different from Qeynos', though.

    >I've also noticed that some of the high rent areas still don't have very
    >nice floors and walls. For example, much of the wood in N. Qeynos is still
    >kinda ratty. Of course, I haven't looked at any of the private rooms. Maybe
    >they are plastered or painted.

    If you "tour" a house, you see it in only the basic wall/floor
    dressing. You have to pay to upgrade it, and the price of that can get
    heavy. Unfortunately, there's no way to just preview the upgrades. You
    have to actually buy and apply to see what they look like.

    >Is it possible to stick your head in a room and look around?

    Right click the door, pick "visit". You can enter any rooms that are
    listed. (If they're listed as "friends" access, you can even rearrange
    their furniture. ;) ) ( This is also recommended for shopping to avoid
    paying the broker fee, too. Use the broker to find out who's selling
    what where, then actually go to the room and visit them to buy
    directly ) This way you can get a look around what they have. Best to
    only visit people you're shopping from, though. Generally rude just to
    barge into someone's home.

    >It says you
    >have to pay rent but I'm still on my free week. What if I entered a room but
    >then changed back? Would that keep me at my old rate without losing my free
    >days?

    Not quite clear on the question here. Do you mean buying a room, then
    giving it up to go back to your old one? You have to relinquish
    ownership of your old room to buy a new one (collect all the items
    fromt he room first, though). You still lose the purchase fee, even if
    you relinquish the new room right away. Not a good way to just
    "preview" a room. Click the door of any room/house and click "tour"
    for a look around at what's out there. Unfortunately, I don't think
    you can see wall/flooring options this way, though.

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Sympathy for the retailer:
    http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
    "Door's to your left" -Gord

    Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/

    "Vardiss" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in message
    > So where do y'all think is the nicest place to have a home in Norrath?
    >
    > Some of the villages are charming. Are all of the basic rooms as stark as
    > the bare wood in a basic Castleview room?
    >
    > I've also noticed that some of the high rent areas still don't have very
    > nice floors and walls. For example, much of the wood in N. Qeynos is still
    > kinda ratty. Of course, I haven't looked at any of the private rooms.
    Maybe
    > they are plastered or painted.
    >
    > Is it possible to stick your head in a room and look around? It says you
    > have to pay rent but I'm still on my free week. What if I entered a room
    but
    > then changed back? Would that keep me at my old rate without losing my
    free
    > days?
    >
    > Where have you moved to impress your friends and visitors? Anybody want to
    > post their homes open for visiting on Antonia Bayle?
    >
    > Vardiss

    You can change the scheme of your room (for a price!). We have changed some
    of the timber on the walls and the roof.
    You can also add more furniture/accessories.
    I am not sure if the item limit per basic inn room is still 25, there may be
    some sort of increase in the big patch coming up in the new year.

    You can also have a look around any rooms that have been marked as "visitor"
    and see what's there.
    Most (if not all)merchants will have their homes set to accept visitors -
    you can look at some really nice places that way.

    You can relinquish your room before it's due for payment, but make sure you
    pickup all of your items before you do or you will lose them.
    If you make any changes to the room, then relinquish it and go back in, any
    changes you have made will be lost.

    --
    eq2.najena.Simonette
    eq2.najena.Floriana

    "Vardiss" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in

    > So where do y'all think is the nicest place to have a home in Norrath?
    >
    > Some of the villages are charming. Are all of the basic rooms as stark
    > as the bare wood in a basic Castleview room?
    >
    > I've also noticed that some of the high rent areas still don't have
    > very nice floors and walls. For example, much of the wood in N. Qeynos
    > is still kinda ratty. Of course, I haven't looked at any of the
    > private rooms. Maybe they are plastered or painted.
    >
    > Is it possible to stick your head in a room and look around? It says
    > you have to pay rent but I'm still on my free week. What if I entered
    > a room but then changed back? Would that keep me at my old rate
    > without losing my free days?
    >
    > Where have you moved to impress your friends and visitors? Anybody
    > want to post their homes open for visiting on Antonia Bayle?

    You can upgrade your floors and such...

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont