Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How can I contact Steam for problems

Last response: in Video Games
December 31, 2011 1:19:33 PM

My hard drive became corrupted, I couldn't access anything. I had a professional repairman come in and $200.00 Cdn later Windows 7 was installed on my second HD (which has been rewired to become my C drive) tbdewet[at]mymts.netbut I still couldn't access anything on my original C drive. That drive has since been reformatted so I can use it for storage.

Problem is, Steam will not let me reinstall retail purchased games that fell under Steam's control. So I have Civ 5, Duke Nukem Forever, COD Modern Warfare 2, COD Black Ops and an older Brothers in Arms - Hell's Highway that I cannot use. This is over $200.00 worth of retail purchased games that are now useless to me.

I tried to use two older Steams accounts and neither would allow me to reinstall my games. I created at least two new accounts but still Steam says that activation code has already been used.

HELP!

More about : contact steam problems

December 31, 2011 1:57:32 PM

you need to log in as the account that had those games on it, have you done that?

Other than that its help>steam support from the steam application.
December 31, 2011 5:32:45 PM

you need to contact Steam and here is a link to steam. You wll have two choises GAME or STEAM choose STEAM and go from there. Onece you use the product key with steam you won't be able to use it on any or new accounts.

It is done that way to stop piracy. You have to get into the account you down loaded the games to or goto the link below. Good Luck to ya.

https://support.steampowered.com/
Related resources
December 31, 2011 5:49:40 PM

Thank you both for your suggestions. My problem is that every time their system generates an email (I forgot my orig. password), I never receive. When I click on the box to indicate I didn't get it, it goes back to the screen and asks for my password in exactly the same fashion as it did when I first signed in. I'm a disabled senior, and part of my MS has effected my cognative abilities, so I probably changed the password and have forgotten what it was. Talk about between a rock and a hard place . . . .
December 31, 2011 6:04:41 PM

Vasbyt1 said:
Thank you both for your suggestions. My problem is that every time their system generates an email (I forgot my orig. password), I never receive. When I click on the box to indicate I didn't get it, it goes back to the screen and asks for my password in exactly the same fashion as it did when I first signed in. I'm a disabled senior, and part of my MS has effected my cognative abilities, so I probably changed the password and have forgotten what it was. Talk about between a rock and a hard place . . . .

when you click on forgot password They are suppose to send you some temp number to your E-mail address. Have you checked your E-mail? I think that is what you are telling me that you are not getting any info from them.

So just try the link and see if you can find a number. If you can't reslove it then you are not going to like what comes next. I hope you get solved
January 1, 2012 11:17:49 AM

Of course I checked my email, everytime it asked me to. and there was nothing except for one time. Even then, when I did change the password of one account, Steam would not reload the games. They are holding me hostsage because I bought the games retail and not from them.

Best solution

January 1, 2012 11:58:11 AM

use the link and try to find someone to talk to/email to at steam, i'm sure they will be able to help, but you need to get past the automated systems.
The emails aren't in junk are they?
January 1, 2012 12:23:10 PM

Firstly I suggest that you check you are getting emails from steam and they aren't being blocked by your ISP.

To do this choose one of the accounts you have recently created and make sure your email address is 100% correct. Once you have done this log out and attempt to log on again but this time use the forgotten password link. Then wait and see if you get the email.

If you don't get the email, then contact your ISP and say some of your emails are being blocked and see what they say. Once they say they have fixed the problem try the test again and see if the email arrives. Once it does, try resetting the lost account.

If you do get the email, then try and think if you had a previous email address for the lost account that you might have used because the reset system is working therefore you must have used a different email. You could also try looking in the first game box you registered on steam because you have done what I normally do and written it all down and put it in the game box.

Good luck.

Papa
January 7, 2012 11:48:09 PM

Thanks everyone! Unfortunately, I still can't find an e-mail address or phone number to reach Steam. I think I will have to get them to delete all registrations so that I can go through the hoops again. I'm still tryin'!
January 8, 2012 10:59:31 AM

Best answer selected by Vasbyt1.
!