Suggest good antivirus software & spy remover

Hi,
can anybody suggest good antivirus software..and a good spy remover
software, that can be able to protect my pc from known virus., i am using
AVG , but it can not detect virus even on floppy, that i can detect using
avast on another system,,
i'm having win xp sp2 ..

thanks in Advance
Krunal

I am using Norton, it is very strong against viruses just keep it up to
date. I don't recommend any other antivirus programs.

You can try Ad-aware to remove spyware, just keep it up to date and do a
full scan.
You can also try Microsoft Antispyware program if you are having trouble,
but it is in beta.

Hope this helps
I have clean lots of computers and use all 3. Seems to do its job.

"~Krunal" <krunal83@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> can anybody suggest good antivirus software..and a good spy remover
> software, that can be able to protect my pc from known virus., i am using
> AVG , but it can not detect virus even on floppy, that i can detect using
> avast on another system,,
> i'm having win xp sp2 ..
>
> thanks in Advance
> Krunal

Norton Antivirus or Norton System Works would be fine for an AV

www.Joerm.com

"JoeM" <joem83@msn.com> wrote in message
>I am using Norton, it is very strong against viruses just keep it up to
>date. I don't recommend any other antivirus programs.
>
> You can try Ad-aware to remove spyware, just keep it up to date and do a
> full scan.
> You can also try Microsoft Antispyware program if you are having trouble,
> but it is in beta.
>
> Hope this helps
> I have clean lots of computers and use all 3. Seems to do its job.
>
> "~Krunal" <krunal83@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> can anybody suggest good antivirus software..and a good spy remover
>> software, that can be able to protect my pc from known virus., i am using
>> AVG , but it can not detect virus even on floppy, that i can detect using
>> avast on another system,,
>> i'm having win xp sp2 ..
>>
>> thanks in Advance
>> Krunal

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 3-Apr-2005, "~Krunal" <krunal83@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> can anybody suggest good antivirus software..and a good spy remover
> software, that can be able to protect my pc from known virus., i am using
> AVG , but it can not detect virus even on floppy, that i can detect using
> avast on another system,,
> i'm having win xp sp2 ..
>
> thanks in Advance
> Krunal

Kaspersky and NOD32 are two of the best out there. For spyware MS
AntiSpyware and Webroot SpySweeper are rated very high.

I use AVG and it does a great job, have never had a virus get into my pc.

--
Carl G