Help !! Disk clean up

Please can someone help me !!!
When i use disk cleanup for boot c , it will not go any further than 3
lines,why ??
does anyone know how i can solve this problem.
I am useing Windows X P Home edition.

Very simply Viv, how long is it since you last used the cleanup routine for
your computer, it can take an extremely long time if it's the first time you
used it for a while, I had the same problem a while back with a friends
computer... she had it for two years without running cleanup and it took
several hours...

"Viv" wrote:

> Please can someone help me !!!
> When i use disk cleanup for boot c , it will not go any further than 3
> lines,why ??
> does anyone know how i can solve this problem.
> I am useing Windows X P Home edition.

Forgot to mention Viv.... The 'three lines' bit you mention is when cleanup
'compresses old files'. This is the most HD and Processor hungry part of the
operation. Check to see if your HD is active by watching the small LED on
the front of your computer, I think you'll find it is illuminated or flashing
which, again, means it is completing the task you have asked it to do...

"Big Liam" wrote:

> Very simply Viv, how long is it since you last used the cleanup routine for
> your computer, it can take an extremely long time if it's the first time you
> used it for a while, I had the same problem a while back with a friends
> computer... she had it for two years without running cleanup and it took
> several hours...
>
> "Viv" wrote:
>
> > Please can someone help me !!!
> > When i use disk cleanup for boot c , it will not go any further than 3
> > lines,why ??
> > does anyone know how i can solve this problem.
> > I am useing Windows X P Home edition.

Hi big Liam
I only used Disk clean up 3 weeks ago

"Big Liam" wrote:

> Very simply Viv, how long is it since you last used the cleanup routine for
> your computer, it can take an extremely long time if it's the first time you
> used it for a while, I had the same problem a while back with a friends
> computer... she had it for two years without running cleanup and it took
> several hours...
>
> "Viv" wrote:
>
> > Please can someone help me !!!
> > When i use disk cleanup for boot c , it will not go any further than 3
> > lines,why ??
> > does anyone know how i can solve this problem.
> > I am useing Windows X P Home edition.

Is there any activity with the hard disk when cleanup is running?

"Viv" wrote:

> Hi big Liam
> I only used Disk clean up 3 weeks ago
>
> "Big Liam" wrote:
>
> > Very simply Viv, how long is it since you last used the cleanup routine for
> > your computer, it can take an extremely long time if it's the first time you
> > used it for a while, I had the same problem a while back with a friends
> > computer... she had it for two years without running cleanup and it took
> > several hours...
> >
> > "Viv" wrote:
> >
> > > Please can someone help me !!!
> > > When i use disk cleanup for boot c , it will not go any further than 3
> > > lines,why ??
> > > does anyone know how i can solve this problem.
> > > I am useing Windows X P Home edition.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812248
Or
Follow this link:
Line 48, Right column "Disk Cleanup - Compress..."
Save on Desktop.
Double click the icon once downloaded.
The icon can then be discarded.

--