Slow connection...

I'm running XP Pro. My computer; Pentium 4, 2.40 Gig, 640 RAM, Nvidia GeForce
graphics card, on a cable connection that advertises up to 4 Mg downloads. I
have seen close to 3 Mb before, but the last three weeks or so, I'm down to
800 Kb, that's almost dial-up! I've run every program I have, defraged, etc.
No help. (I also have a Canon printer that I can't re-install, cuz my
computer crashed, and it won't let me run the disc for some reason). Have I
turned senile? I can't figure out what's wrong. The cable company says
everything is OK on their end. What gives? Mark...

bill

If I could get 800K out of my dial-up I'd drop my DSL
connection. 38K is more like a dial-up. The primary
reason for cable-model slowdown is caused by the amount of
connections ON the cable, and your relative location to a
cable sub-station repeater. Ask the cable company if they
have recently added a subdivision of houses, or a new
branch of the cable near you. If they say yes, there's
your answer.

Hi,

I've the same problem with dialup.
It's some sort of trojan, or virus.