AUTOEXE.NT Error Message

April 4, 2005 12:51:03 PM

I recently had a problem with installing some programs because of a
"Autoexe.nt" Error Message. I was able to find a solution to this problem
and was eventually installed the programs. Unfortunately, now I am still
having a wee bit problem with this same issue. The solution called for me to
go to "C:\Windows\Repair" folder and copy the "autoexe.nt" file, then I was
to paste this file to the "C:\Windows\System32" folder. This did the trip,
only prob now is that I keep having to recopy and paste this file everytime I
try to play this game, especially if I've turned off my puter in between the
time I play this game. Leaving on my puter 24/7 is Not an option. I would
appreciate any time or effort applied to helping me find a way to make this
file stay where I've copied it to. And Thank You.

T. Ferguson
--
Catch Ya On The Flip Side !!!

More about : autoexe error message

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 4:37:03 PM

Hi dukiesma1001,

Have a look at the information here, provided courtesy of Kelly Theriot:

MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.co­m/xp_m.htm#16bit

Take a look at the section under "From Ron:"

As a workaround, you could make the autoexec.nt file Read Only, and this
should prevent it from being deleted at startup/restart.

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"dukiesma1001" <dukiesma1001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently had a problem with installing some programs because of a
> "Autoexe.nt" Error Message. I was able to find a solution to this problem
> and was eventually installed the programs. Unfortunately, now I am still
> having a wee bit problem with this same issue. The solution called for me
> go to "C:\Windows\Repair" folder and copy the "autoexe.nt" file, then I
was
> to paste this file to the "C:\Windows\System32" folder. This did the
trip,
> only prob now is that I keep having to recopy and paste this file
everytime I
> try to play this game, especially if I've turned off my puter in between
the
> time I play this game. Leaving on my puter 24/7 is Not an option. I
would
> appreciate any time or effort applied to helping me find a way to make
this
> file stay where I've copied it to. And Thank You.
>
> T. Ferguson
> --
> Catch Ya On The Flip Side !!!
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 11:24:15 PM

dukiesma1001 <dukiesma1001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I recently had a problem with installing some programs because of a
>"Autoexe.nt" Error Message. I was able to find a solution to this problem
>and was eventually installed the programs. Unfortunately, now I am still
>having a wee bit problem with this same issue. The solution called for me to
>go to "C:\Windows\Repair" folder and copy the "autoexe.nt" file, then I was
>to paste this file to the "C:\Windows\System32" folder. This did the trip,
>only prob now is that I keep having to recopy and paste this file everytime I
>try to play this game, especially if I've turned off my puter in between the
>time I play this game. Leaving on my puter 24/7 is Not an option. I would
>appreciate any time or effort applied to helping me find a way to make this
>file stay where I've copied it to. And Thank You.
>
>T. Ferguson

If this error keeps recurring then this is usually an indication of a
virus/trojan/spyware infestation on your computer.

Make certain that your antivirus software is completely up to date
with the virus definitions not more than a week old and do a complete
virus scan of your hard drive. Then get a "second opinion" by doing a
free online virus scan at one of the following web sites:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

Follow this up with a visit to the free online spyware check on MVP
Jim Eshelman's web site at http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm and if any
spyware is found use Jim's Quick Fix procedure at
http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm
Related resources
April 5, 2005 10:39:06 AM

"dukiesma1001" wrote:

> I recently had a problem with installing some programs because of a
> "Autoexe.nt" Error Message. I was able to find a solution to this problem
> and was eventually installed the programs. Unfortunately, now I am still
> having a wee bit problem with this same issue. The solution called for me to
> go to "C:\Windows\Repair" folder and copy the "autoexe.nt" file, then I was
> to paste this file to the "C:\Windows\System32" folder. This did the trip,
> only prob now is that I keep having to recopy and paste this file everytime I
> try to play this game, especially if I've turned off my puter in between the
> time I play this game. Leaving on my puter 24/7 is Not an option. I would
> appreciate any time or effort applied to helping me find a way to make this
> file stay where I've copied it to. And Thank You.
>
> T. Ferguson
> --
> Catch Ya On The Flip Side !!!

I agree with Ron Martell I just recieved a newsletter (Langa List) that
talks about some type of malware which deletes this file

Sometimes,when you remove malware it will stop your TCP/IP
stack from working (Internet connection).
Winsock or LSP-fix will correct the problem,Download first.
Note to anyone using NOD32 Anti-Virus software,Do Not delete the
"imon.dll" this fix reports,That is your e/mail scanning engine.

YES-You need more than 1 malware program,the one's below are all free
and work well.
LSP-fix- http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
Spybot S&D - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
CWS Smart Killer- http://www.safer-networking.org/minifiles.html

About Buster- http://www.spychecker.com/program/aboutbuster.html
Ad-Aware SE - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
MS Antispyware:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/softwa...
CWShredder - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html
Hijack this - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html\
Hijackthis tutorial - http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showtopic=165
SpywareBlaster - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
SpywareGuard - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
WinPatrol - http://winpatrol.com
BHO Demon - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3550.html
asquared2 "Trojan Remover" - http://www.emsisoft.com/en/
Socklock- http://nsclean.com/socklock.html
A nice site -
http://groups.msn.com/TeMercInternetSecuritySite/malwar...
NOD32Anti-Virus Free 30 day trial
http://nod32.com/download/trial.htm
Process Guard-
http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/index.php?page...
A link for free online virus and trojan scanners.
http://virusall.com/downscan.html.
April 5, 2005 10:39:07 AM

!