AUTOEXE.NT Error Message

I recently had a problem with installing some programs because of a
"Autoexe.nt" Error Message. I was able to find a solution to this problem
and was eventually installed the programs. Unfortunately, now I am still
having a wee bit problem with this same issue. The solution called for me to
go to "C:\Windows\Repair" folder and copy the "autoexe.nt" file, then I was
to paste this file to the "C:\Windows\System32" folder. This did the trip,
only prob now is that I keep having to recopy and paste this file everytime I
try to play this game, especially if I've turned off my puter in between the
time I play this game. Leaving on my puter 24/7 is Not an option. I would
appreciate any time or effort applied to helping me find a way to make this
file stay where I've copied it to. And Thank You.

T. Ferguson
--
Catch Ya On The Flip Side !!!
4 answers Last reply

    Hi dukiesma1001,

    Have a look at the information here, provided courtesy of Kelly Theriot:

    MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.co­m/xp_m.htm#16bit

    Take a look at the section under "From Ron:"

    As a workaround, you could make the autoexec.nt file Read Only, and this
    should prevent it from being deleted at startup/restart.

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "dukiesma1001" <dukiesma1001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I recently had a problem with installing some programs because of a
    > "Autoexe.nt" Error Message. I was able to find a solution to this problem
    > and was eventually installed the programs. Unfortunately, now I am still
    > having a wee bit problem with this same issue. The solution called for me
    > go to "C:\Windows\Repair" folder and copy the "autoexe.nt" file, then I
    was
    > to paste this file to the "C:\Windows\System32" folder. This did the
    trip,
    > only prob now is that I keep having to recopy and paste this file
    everytime I
    > try to play this game, especially if I've turned off my puter in between
    the
    > time I play this game. Leaving on my puter 24/7 is Not an option. I
    would
    > appreciate any time or effort applied to helping me find a way to make
    this
    > file stay where I've copied it to. And Thank You.
    >
    > T. Ferguson
    > --
    > Catch Ya On The Flip Side !!!

    dukiesma1001 <dukiesma1001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I recently had a problem with installing some programs because of a
    >"Autoexe.nt" Error Message. I was able to find a solution to this problem
    >and was eventually installed the programs. Unfortunately, now I am still
    >having a wee bit problem with this same issue. The solution called for me to
    >go to "C:\Windows\Repair" folder and copy the "autoexe.nt" file, then I was
    >to paste this file to the "C:\Windows\System32" folder. This did the trip,
    >only prob now is that I keep having to recopy and paste this file everytime I
    >try to play this game, especially if I've turned off my puter in between the
    >time I play this game. Leaving on my puter 24/7 is Not an option. I would
    >appreciate any time or effort applied to helping me find a way to make this
    >file stay where I've copied it to. And Thank You.
    >
    >T. Ferguson

    If this error keeps recurring then this is usually an indication of a
    virus/trojan/spyware infestation on your computer.

    Make certain that your antivirus software is completely up to date
    with the virus definitions not more than a week old and do a complete
    virus scan of your hard drive. Then get a "second opinion" by doing a
    free online virus scan at one of the following web sites:
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

    Follow this up with a visit to the free online spyware check on MVP
    Jim Eshelman's web site at http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm and if any
    spyware is found use Jim's Quick Fix procedure at
    http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    "dukiesma1001" wrote:

    > I recently had a problem with installing some programs because of a
    > "Autoexe.nt" Error Message. I was able to find a solution to this problem
    > and was eventually installed the programs. Unfortunately, now I am still
    > having a wee bit problem with this same issue. The solution called for me to
    > go to "C:\Windows\Repair" folder and copy the "autoexe.nt" file, then I was
    > to paste this file to the "C:\Windows\System32" folder. This did the trip,
    > only prob now is that I keep having to recopy and paste this file everytime I
    > try to play this game, especially if I've turned off my puter in between the
    > time I play this game. Leaving on my puter 24/7 is Not an option. I would
    > appreciate any time or effort applied to helping me find a way to make this
    > file stay where I've copied it to. And Thank You.
    >
    > T. Ferguson
    > --
    > Catch Ya On The Flip Side !!!

    I agree with Ron Martell I just recieved a newsletter (Langa List) that
    talks about some type of malware which deletes this file

    Sometimes,when you remove malware it will stop your TCP/IP
    stack from working (Internet connection).
    Winsock or LSP-fix will correct the problem,Download first.
    Note to anyone using NOD32 Anti-Virus software,Do Not delete the
    "imon.dll" this fix reports,That is your e/mail scanning engine.

    YES-You need more than 1 malware program,the one's below are all free
    and work well.
    LSP-fix- http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
    Spybot S&D - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    CWS Smart Killer- http://www.safer-networking.org/minifiles.html

    About Buster- http://www.spychecker.com/program/aboutbuster.html
    Ad-Aware SE - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    MS Antispyware:
    CWShredder - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html
    Hijack this - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html\
    Hijackthis tutorial - http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showtopic=165
    SpywareBlaster - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    SpywareGuard - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
    WinPatrol - http://winpatrol.com
    BHO Demon - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3550.html
    asquared2 "Trojan Remover" - http://www.emsisoft.com/en/
    Socklock- http://nsclean.com/socklock.html
    A nice site -
    http://groups.msn.com/TeMercInternetSecuritySite/malwarecountermeasures.msnw
    NOD32Anti-Virus Free 30 day trial
    http://nod32.com/download/trial.htm
    Process Guard-
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/index.php?page=download
    A link for free online virus and trojan scanners.
    http://virusall.com/downscan.html.

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP