Default internet connection(?)

April 4, 2005 4:55:01 PM

I bought this pc with Yahoo DSL already loaded. I changed to AOL, which
works fine, but there are still certain times (eg sending Microsoft error
reports) that a Yahoo connection is attempted, regardless if I'm currently
connected to the net or not.

How can I change all default internect connections to be AOL? It's the
default connection in Internet Properties (via Control Panel) but I'm
obviously missing something.

Thanks
April 5, 2005 3:02:36 AM

take out all references to yahoo. in Internet tools/connections & also in
control panels/network connections.

make sure there's nothing with yahoo as part of the name in add/remove
programs

use hijackthis http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html to make sure that
there's nothing in relation to yahoo hidden in the browser settings.

that should do it.