  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 4, 2005 9:11:03 PM

Running XP with SP2. Normally a keystroke or mouse movement would awaken the
computer from standby. I now find it requires depressing the power button.
Why did this change? This occurs both with automatic standby and when I
manually place the computer on standby. Any thoughts?
--
ESU

More about : problem returning standby

Anonymous
April 7, 2005 11:43:04 PM

It sounds like you are going into Hibernate instead of going into StandBy.

How do you put your computer into StandBy. Do you explicity select StandBy
or just press the power button? If you look in Control Panel -> Power
Options -> Advanced you will see "When I press the power button on my
computer:" and a dropdown list of options. If it says hibernate you can
change it to standby to get the behavior you are talking about.

!