Problem Returning from Standby

Running XP with SP2. Normally a keystroke or mouse movement would awaken the
computer from standby. I now find it requires depressing the power button.
Why did this change? This occurs both with automatic standby and when I
manually place the computer on standby. Any thoughts?
--
ESU
1 answer Last reply

    It sounds like you are going into Hibernate instead of going into StandBy.

    How do you put your computer into StandBy. Do you explicity select StandBy
    or just press the power button? If you look in Control Panel -> Power
    Options -> Advanced you will see "When I press the power button on my
    computer:" and a dropdown list of options. If it says hibernate you can
    change it to standby to get the behavior you are talking about.

    "Edward" wrote:

    > Running XP with SP2. Normally a keystroke or mouse movement would awaken the
    > computer from standby. I now find it requires depressing the power button.
    > Why did this change? This occurs both with automatic standby and when I
    > manually place the computer on standby. Any thoughts?
    > --
    > ESU

Computers Microsoft Windows XP