Siverstone Gloria

Snaggle

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2003
Best looking case I've seen;but it looks like it has bad airflow...anyone own one and tested it.It also looks like it would be a bee to mod it into one with decent airflow:the back stamped grill is setup to take three fan sizes,which is nice,but looks like a real bee to cut out and replace with a decent grill;the left panel does not look like it has enough room to add fans blowing on the HSF and GPU;while the right panel comes off together with the top,nice if your taking off the sides and blowing a real fan at it,but preventing the installation of a blowhole;finally the front fan seems to have no filter and to receive air only from a few vents in the bottom.The best looing case I've seen;but it does not look like I can use it :frown: Cursed sun and sand with their heat and dust-my God I miss snow and clean air!

Review at <A HREF="http://www.fastlanehw.com/reviews.php?i=108" target="_new">http://www.fastlanehw.com/reviews.php?i=108</A>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
best be carefull when cutting into a case, if its not good quality, removing pieces of panels can seriously weaken it. specificaly the bevel around fan holes, they do a lot to strengthen flat sheets of metal.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

Snaggle

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2003
good point;but one can always weld in reinforcing strips or on the back rivet them in.I wish someone who owns this case would post whether or not that front intake fan has a filter or someone who has tested its airflow.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
now that i look at the thing, it looks like its got 2 120 mm fan positions. thats plenty.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
I don't have the case either, but following your link you will see a close-up shot of the front fan taken from the inside of the case. Obviously there is no filter on the inside, looking closely at the stamped grill you can see through the holes and spot the wires for the front periphial connectors. I would have to say there is no filter.

I would also point out that filters are easy to make or come by. Without knowing what all you are stuffing into the box airflow is hard to determine.

One way to achieve good air movement in an unventilated box is by maintaining negative pressure in the box by adjusting the exhaust rpms higher than the intake rpms. Usually the addition of the PSU will accomplish that.

Two mods I would make to this box if I owned it. Opening up the stamped fan grill in the rear and try to move the HDD case back away from the front fan as far as possible.

....WW (4.0)