EQ2: Level 20 Cleric question

Last response: in Video Games
December 30, 2004 10:08:50 AM

Hi All;

Cleric level 20 fluff spell; Faerie Fire

Before coming to the NG, I did a search for this spell. I found one
reference to where it was, the scribe in the tree, in Elder Grove. He
didn't have it.

Could someone please point me in the direction of where to buy this?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Doctorzoid
20 Cleric
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 4:58:04 PM

"Doctorzoid" <Doctorzoid@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:D 4KdndFcGP19YE7cRVn-2A@comcast.com...

> Hi All;
>
> Cleric level 20 fluff spell; Faerie Fire
>
> Before coming to the NG, I did a search for this spell. I found one
> reference to where it was, the scribe in the tree, in Elder Grove. He
> didn't have it.
>
> Could someone please point me in the direction of where to buy this?
>
> Thanks in advance for your time and help.
>
> Doctorzoid
> 20 Cleric

Faerie Fire is the level 20 Fury flavour spell (Fury = Druid)

If you are indeed a cleric or templar/inquisitor, you can't use it.

Vincit Omnia
20 Inquisitor/16 Craftsman of Unrest
-Formerly Hexfate Decay, 70 Necro of Tarew Marr
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 8:12:45 AM

"Ryan Telfer" <ryan.telfer@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> "Doctorzoid" <Doctorzoid@nospam.net> wrote in message
> news:D 4KdndFcGP19YE7cRVn-2A@comcast.com...
>>
>> Hi All;
>>
>> Cleric level 20 fluff spell; Faerie Fire
>>
>> Before coming to the NG, I did a search for this spell. I found one
>> reference to where it was, the scribe in the tree, in Elder Grove. He
>> didn't have it.
>>
>> Could someone please point me in the direction of where to buy this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your time and help.
>>
>> Doctorzoid
>> 20 Cleric
>>
> Faerie Fire is the level 20 Fury flavour spell (Fury = Druid)
>
> If you are indeed a cleric or templar/inquisitor, you can't use it.
>
> Vincit Omnia
> 20 Inquisitor/16 Craftsman of Unrest
> -Formerly Hexfate Decay, 70 Necro of Tarew Marr

Thanks Vincit for taking the time to answer.

What's puzzling is that I have found several references to being able to buy
a basically useless spell, I presume for fun only, at level 20. On a couple
of eq2 sites that list spells, this Faerie Fire is listed as a cleric spell.

Thanks again and have a Happy New Year
Related resources
January 1, 2005 7:37:52 PM

Doctorzoid wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> Cleric level 20 fluff spell; Faerie Fire

There isn't any such thing as a level 20 cleric spell. When
a cleric hits 20 they become either a Templar or Inquisitor.
Their level 20 fluff spells are Faith Respect and Forced
Submission, IIRC. (Both essentially force a group member
lower in level to /bow I believe.)
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 7:45:30 PM

> There isn't any such thing as a level 20 cleric spell. When
> a cleric hits 20 they become either a Templar or Inquisitor.

Many of us are still getting used to the tiered advancement titles.
No doubt the original poster meant to say "level 20
templar/inquisitor" spell.
January 3, 2005 9:23:52 PM

Lanfiir wrote:

>> There isn't any such thing as a level 20 cleric spell. When
>> a cleric hits 20 they become either a Templar or Inquisitor.
>
> Many of us are still getting used to the tiered advancement titles.

No doubt...

> No doubt the original poster meant to say "level 20
> templar/inquisitor" spell.

Probably, but since the level 20 spells are different for the
two classes, it still doesn't work. If you're looking for
a level 20 spell, you have to know what class it's for.
Otherwise you end up looking at the level 20 spell for
another healer class like the OP.....
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 10:28:41 PM

> Probably, but since the level 20 spells are different for the
> two classes, it still doesn't work.

Then you can just mention two spells. Doesn't take that much more
time than mentioning one.
---
Posted from NewsSync version 1.5.0 RC6 on http://fioch.dyndns.org/PNphpBB2.html
!