Anyone use Allied PSU?

G

A little over a month ago I ordered a <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-125-225&depa=1" target="_new">Chieftec case with 450w PSU</A> from newegg. The PSU died a couple of weeks ago, so I RMA'd the PSU and they sent me an <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-154-010&depa=1" target="_new">Allied 450w</A>. I was just wondering if they are any good. IIRC, some folks here have had pretty good luck with them.

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
A few of the cases I recently ordered had Allied PSU's installed. They've been running well for me so far.

Allied generally has been good to me.

G

OK, this don't look very good to me. What kind of voltage readings should I get on this? I might be wrong, but I don't think that my -12v should be at -13.4v.

G

Well, it's good to know that I'm not going to fry anything. It just looked curious to me. Thanks!

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
I've put in a couple Allied 450w PSUs...my main complaint is they are very noisy. Both of these PSUs were purchased about 14 months ago, so it is possible the newer ones are not that way. Finally got to me and I replaced mine with something else and will probably replace the other one pretty soon.

....WW (4.0)

G

HeHe... I guess I can't really hear the PSU over my other five 80mm case fans and my 92mm HSF. The only reason I got the first cheap PSU in the first place was to hold me over a few months until I can get a real PSU. I guess I can deal with it until then. Funny thing is, if I would have known that they were sending a different brand name PSU, I would have paid the difference to get what I wanted.