DSL Connection

April 7, 2005 2:18:36 AM

Good evening

I am looking for some advice here. My Internet connection shows different
speeds.

When I use Compaq 10_100 MiniPCI Ethernic NIC the connection speed shows
always "Speed: 100.Mbps."

When I use 3Com EtherLink III Lan PC Card the connection speed shows always
"Speed: 10.0Mbps."

Regards,

Oasis

More about : dsl connection

Anonymous
April 7, 2005 2:18:37 AM

Look for some documentation here. It may only be a 10 mB adapter. Not to
worry, either case your DSL is slower than 10 mB

http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/ethernet.htm

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Oasis" wrote:
| Good evening
|
| I am looking for some advice here. My Internet connection shows different
| speeds.
|
| When I use Compaq 10_100 MiniPCI Ethernic NIC the connection speed shows
| always "Speed: 100.Mbps."
|
| When I use 3Com EtherLink III Lan PC Card the connection speed shows
always
| "Speed: 10.0Mbps."
|
| Regards,
|
| Oasis

Anonymous
April 7, 2005 4:14:11 AM

Google for "modem speed test" or such and test the speed of your DSL; bet
it's the same in both cases.
Michael

!