LG VX6100 data cable easy to use?

Last response: in Network Providers
January 7, 2005 11:24:23 AM

I was in here asking a few weeks ago about a Blue Tooth Verizon phone and
was told that Verizon had actually turned off the feature as far as allowing
you to upload and download pictures and ringtones. I think I'm going to buy
a couple of those LG VX6100 phones and would like to use a USB data cable
with them to transfer pix and ringtones. Hopefully, Verizon has not
disabled this sort of stuff. So just let me know if any of you are getting
it to work easily and if you are using an OEM cable or one of the many off
Ebay that are not OEM but, claim to work. Thanks much in advance.

Ben

More about : vx6100 data cable easy

Anonymous
January 7, 2005 12:19:55 PM

Ben in TN said the following on 1/7/2005 6:24 AM:
> I was in here asking a few weeks ago about a Blue Tooth Verizon phone and
> was told that Verizon had actually turned off the feature as far as allowing
> you to upload and download pictures and ringtones. I think I'm going to buy
> a couple of those LG VX6100 phones and would like to use a USB data cable
> with them to transfer pix and ringtones. Hopefully, Verizon has not
> disabled this sort of stuff. So just let me know if any of you are getting
> it to work easily and if you are using an OEM cable or one of the many off
> Ebay that are not OEM but, claim to work. Thanks much in advance.
>
> Ben

www.susteen.com

Go here and check out their Datapilot. I have a VX6100 and have
up/downloaded my pictures as well as uploaded ringtones. It also has
function to manage your contact list and act as a modem for your PC.
Cable included. Geez, maybe they should give me a kickback as much as
I've mentioned it. Works fine for me even though Verizon said I would
have to buy theirs.

--

Kirk

"Screw the planes, take a train", Me
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:03:55 PM

I also bought DataPilot ver 3.6/3.7 Upgrade for my VX6100. The supported
features, ie Ringtones, Pictures and Phonebook work OK. But beware if you
are going to sync your contact list with a Palm product. I had "OK" success
with a palm IIIxe Desktop ver 3.5.3. When I upgraded the Palm Desktop to
4.1.4 nothing worked right anymore. Have finially got everything to work
"OK" again with Palm DT 3.5.1 and Datapilot 3.7. Pretty good product, but
maybe a few bugs if you get cross threaded in the upgrade process.
Jerry
"'Captain' Kirk DeHaan" <captkirkREMOVE@MEsandpoint.net> wrote in message
> Ben in TN said the following on 1/7/2005 6:24 AM:
>> I was in here asking a few weeks ago about a Blue Tooth Verizon phone and
>> was told that Verizon had actually turned off the feature as far as
>> allowing you to upload and download pictures and ringtones. I think I'm
>> going to buy a couple of those LG VX6100 phones and would like to use a
>> USB data cable with them to transfer pix and ringtones. Hopefully,
>> Verizon has not disabled this sort of stuff. So just let me know if any
>> of you are getting it to work easily and if you are using an OEM cable or
>> one of the many off Ebay that are not OEM but, claim to work. Thanks
>> much in advance.
>>
>> Ben
>
> www.susteen.com
>
> Go here and check out their Datapilot. I have a VX6100 and have
> up/downloaded my pictures as well as uploaded ringtones. It also has
> function to manage your contact list and act as a modem for your PC. Cable
> included. Geez, maybe they should give me a kickback as much as I've
> mentioned it. Works fine for me even though Verizon said I would have to
> buy theirs.
>
> --
>
> Kirk
>
> "Screw the planes, take a train", Me
January 8, 2005 3:56:29 AM

Ben in TN <sea-doo@wolfplayer.us> spewed:
> I was in here asking a few weeks ago about a Blue Tooth Verizon phone
> and was told that Verizon had actually turned off the feature as far
> as allowing you to upload and download pictures and ringtones. I
> think I'm going to buy a couple of those LG VX6100 phones and would
> like to use a USB data cable with them to transfer pix and ringtones.
> Hopefully, Verizon has not disabled this sort of stuff. So just let
> me know if any of you are getting it to work easily and if you are
> using an OEM cable or one of the many off Ebay that are not OEM but,
> claim to work. Thanks much in advance.

Yup, I got a generic VX7000 cable from eforcity on eBay, and it works fine
with the 6100 as they claimed it would. As for the software, I don't know
about datapilot... I use BitPim, which is free. Lets you up/download
ringers and photos, among other things. www.bitpim.org

--
The Toe Pages:
http://www.rubbertoe.com

sissi <sissi.1qpc7z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> spewed:
> :)  i bought the cable but don't have the software for the usb data
> cable

www.bitpim.org

Piece of cake.

--
Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com
Anonymous

I got Cable + Software(bitPM) Dont know what i'm doing wrong.....Plug
phone into cable and phone turns Off!!!

--
dakindnug
July 15, 2005 5:03:22 PM

does your cable use a usb to serial? I forgot if it works correctly with
a usb or a usb with a chip

--
bakchoi2003