LG VX6100 data cable easy to use?

I was in here asking a few weeks ago about a Blue Tooth Verizon phone and
was told that Verizon had actually turned off the feature as far as allowing
you to upload and download pictures and ringtones. I think I'm going to buy
a couple of those LG VX6100 phones and would like to use a USB data cable
with them to transfer pix and ringtones. Hopefully, Verizon has not
disabled this sort of stuff. So just let me know if any of you are getting
it to work easily and if you are using an OEM cable or one of the many off
Ebay that are not OEM but, claim to work. Thanks much in advance.

Ben
9 answers Last reply
More about vx6100 data cable easy

    Ben in TN said the following on 1/7/2005 6:24 AM:
    > I was in here asking a few weeks ago about a Blue Tooth Verizon phone and
    > was told that Verizon had actually turned off the feature as far as allowing
    > you to upload and download pictures and ringtones. I think I'm going to buy
    > a couple of those LG VX6100 phones and would like to use a USB data cable
    > with them to transfer pix and ringtones. Hopefully, Verizon has not
    > disabled this sort of stuff. So just let me know if any of you are getting
    > it to work easily and if you are using an OEM cable or one of the many off
    > Ebay that are not OEM but, claim to work. Thanks much in advance.
    >
    > Ben

    www.susteen.com

    Go here and check out their Datapilot. I have a VX6100 and have
    up/downloaded my pictures as well as uploaded ringtones. It also has
    function to manage your contact list and act as a modem for your PC.
    Cable included. Geez, maybe they should give me a kickback as much as
    I've mentioned it. Works fine for me even though Verizon said I would
    have to buy theirs.

    --

    Kirk

    "Screw the planes, take a train", Me

    I also bought DataPilot ver 3.6/3.7 Upgrade for my VX6100. The supported
    features, ie Ringtones, Pictures and Phonebook work OK. But beware if you
    are going to sync your contact list with a Palm product. I had "OK" success
    with a palm IIIxe Desktop ver 3.5.3. When I upgraded the Palm Desktop to
    4.1.4 nothing worked right anymore. Have finially got everything to work
    "OK" again with Palm DT 3.5.1 and Datapilot 3.7. Pretty good product, but
    maybe a few bugs if you get cross threaded in the upgrade process.
    Jerry

    Ben in TN <sea-doo@wolfplayer.us> spewed:
    > I was in here asking a few weeks ago about a Blue Tooth Verizon phone
    > and was told that Verizon had actually turned off the feature as far
    > as allowing you to upload and download pictures and ringtones. I
    > think I'm going to buy a couple of those LG VX6100 phones and would
    > like to use a USB data cable with them to transfer pix and ringtones.
    > Hopefully, Verizon has not disabled this sort of stuff. So just let
    > me know if any of you are getting it to work easily and if you are
    > using an OEM cable or one of the many off Ebay that are not OEM but,
    > claim to work. Thanks much in advance.

    Yup, I got a generic VX7000 cable from eforcity on eBay, and it works fine
    with the 6100 as they claimed it would. As for the software, I don't know
    about datapilot... I use BitPim, which is free. Lets you up/download
    ringers and photos, among other things. www.bitpim.org

    --
    The Toe Pages:
    http://www.rubbertoe.com

    :) i bought the cable but don't have the software for the usb data cable

    --
    sissi

    sissi <sissi.1qpc7z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> spewed:
    > :) i bought the cable but don't have the software for the usb data
    > cable

    www.bitpim.org

    Piece of cake.

    --
    Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com

    i went but what do i do when i get there and how do i get the
    downloadable software

    michele

    --
    sissi

    I got Cable + Software(bitPM) Dont know what i'm doing wrong.....Plug
    phone into cable and phone turns Off!!!

    --
    dakindnug

    does your cable use a usb to serial? I forgot if it works correctly with
    a usb or a usb with a chip

    --
    bakchoi2003

    it is usb into comp...has a big lump in the middle of it

    --
    dakindnug

Verizon Cable Internet Service Providers