trouble connecting to a wap54g

Just a quick note - I just ran around and around with a sap54G wireless
access point and a A+G card with a problem that was very deceptive. I
wasn't able to connect with either the windows software or the linksys
software - no error messages, no warnings, no log information. After
turning off and on just about everything that I could find I found out
how to fix it! I had to remove all of the entries in the MAC address
filter - EVEN THOUGH I WASN'T USING MAC ADDRESS FILTERING! It must be
a bug (I even tried updating to the lastest firmware) with Linksys -
but just to let you know, if you are having trouble connecting to a
wireless AP, look at the mac address filter table and make sure that
there are no entries in there.

Good Luck!

mzoet@yahoo.com wrote:

> Just a quick note - I just ran around and around with a sap54G wireless
> access point and a A+G card with a problem that was very deceptive. I
> wasn't able to connect with either the windows software or the linksys
> software - no error messages, no warnings, no log information. After
> turning off and on just about everything that I could find I found out
> how to fix it! I had to remove all of the entries in the MAC address
> filter - EVEN THOUGH I WASN'T USING MAC ADDRESS FILTERING! It must be
> a bug (I even tried updating to the lastest firmware) with Linksys -
> but just to let you know, if you are having trouble connecting to a
> wireless AP, look at the mac address filter table and make sure that
> there are no entries in there.
>
> Good Luck!

Hi,
You mean that was factor default setting?
Tony