BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I have been using driver detective for some time. The other day when I started the program it took me to there wed site and wanted me to try their new scan. When I tried it Counter spy came up and warned me about eSpynow trying to install on my pc. It was quarantined .I tried it again with the same effects. I emailed Driver detective and they said it was not from their site. Now I run Counter Spy, spybot, Adaware,Hijackthis and spyweeper and there was no spyware on my PC. Counter Spy monitors my PC all the time. Has anyone had a similar experience? Bruce

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

riser

Illustrious
Probably something like cross-site scripting.. not really anything running on your computer.

How did you go to the website? did you go through a favorite or a link in an email/website?

you should go directly to the webpage.. it's one of the new and increasingly common ways to attack people.

You go to a legit site and have a worm/virus installed because they've redirected small portions of the site to a rogue one.. not really redirected, but added in their scripting to the webpage so it looks legit.

You can read up on it at most major antivirus websites.. if they're legit and all....

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
i went to thier site via the program"Driver Detective". I don't link to sites via Email or links sent to me. Thanks For the note. I really like counter spy by sunbelt. Thanks Bruce

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

TheCh0s3n1

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2005
So do I! It's saved quite a few reformats at work, and whenever we get a computer into the shop from a school...granted, it's usually because it won't boot, but when we do get it to boot we find that it's infested with adware and spyware among other things.