G

I have a Lian-Li PC-75 case. On the front they have 2 usb 2.0 ports. I have an Asus P4C800 Deluxe. Now the wirtes on the case comming from the USB have 5 wires. The main one is I assume is for the USB. Another one says cvv 1 -1 +1 and a ground. The other set says cvv 2 -1 _1 and a ground. I am not sure where to plug these wires in. I can not figure out a spot they would fit.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

"We learn the rope of life by untying its knots"

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
1 means port 1, 2 means port 2. Look at your motherboard manual, you'll find a diagram for your USB connectors. Connect the positive to positive, the negative to negative, the signal wire to the singal point, you're set.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pensfan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2004
In the manual it shows:

<font color=red> USB +6v USB_p6- USB_p6+ </font color=red> <font color=black> GND NC <font color=black>
<font color=red> USB +5v USB_p5- USB_p5+ </font color=red> <font color=black> GND <font color=black>

The board has two sets of these with one set of six plugs wich are closer to 5-6 set. So the main wire would plug into that port?

So of course the grounds for port 5 & 6 go where the GND is located. Now the other +- wire would go where? The ground is a single plug on each port and the other wires are double plug. So to me it seems like I do not have enough wires to fit the above diagram.

Maybe I just don't understand the set up.

Thanks Crashman for the help!!!

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
USB +6v USB_p6- USB_p6+ GND NC
USB +5v USB_p5- USB_p5+ GND
First of all I think it should read:

USB +<b>5</b>v USB_p6- USB_p6+ GND NC
USB +5v USB_p5- USB_p5+ GND

On the ASUS board simply substitute the 5&6 in the manual with the 1&2 on your case wiring. These connections on the board are the USB Header for 5&6, if the other four on the mobo are not enough. Like Crash says, hook +1 to +5, -1 to -5, +2 to +6 and -2 to -6 then the grounds. The NC is not used but the two +5v I think are necessary...these are 5 volts of power to power USB devices that need it.

....WW (4.0)

G

Thanks for the info. I found the problem I do beleive. I have one big plug that fits all the spots.

"We learn the rope of life by untying its knots"