Mapping to already mapped drive

A piece of software I have at work requires that drive K be mapped to a
network drive. Whenever I plug in any sort of removable storage drive, like
a USB drive, it maps itself to drive K. I have to disconnect the network
drive (and close the software that uses it) before I can use the removable
drive, then I need to remove the drive and re-map K before I can use the
software.

Any idea why this happens and how I can stop it?
1 answer Last reply
More about mapping mapped drive

    In the old DOS days you could set a statement in
    Autoexec/Config "LastDrive=<whatever>". I am pretty sure
    you can do this in 98 and XP also, but not sure where
    (Boot.ini?). If you do this and set it to a drive HIGHER
    than "K", then plug in your USB drive, it will take a
    letter Higher than "K". Then you can map the required
    drive to "K" and be done with it.

    Hope this helps, even though it isn't especially helpful
    with details.

Software Windows XP