Tritton AX 720 Mic Issues on PC

pinkerson

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
I have recently gotten a pair of Tritton Ax 720 headphones. I plugged them into my Windows Vista laptop with the two 3.5mm jacks that came with it. It worked like a champ. I then went to a friends house and plugged them into his PS3, still worked. I have been careful, and nothing that i think is broken. I then came home and plugged them into my laptop. this time only the headphones work, the mic does not work at all. i wen to Sound under the control panel and it said that my microphone is not plugged in..... it is.... I have no clue how my microphone stopped working. I was working fine when i opened it, but when i tried to talk on Skype nothing happened. I could hear my friends fine, but they could not hear me. Please help me try to fix this. Do i need to send it back to Mad Catz or what? I would really like to fix it from my computer, but i know nothing about them.

G

i had the same porblem, just try to plug out and then in again and push untill you here a "click". sometimes you have to push a littlebit harder :)

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
If you can't get it working, it's worth noting that the number one hardware failure above all others with the Triton AX 720's and Triton AX Pro's, is mic failure. It was not a very solid design from madcatz unfortunately.

I actually tried a pair of Triton AX Pro's for a side-by-side comparison I was doing between "true 5.1" headphones and stereo headphones with emulated surround, and within 24 hours the mic on the AX Pro's had suddenly ceased to work entirely.