Problems Scheduling BackUp

I have a question about BackUp utility under System Tools. Works great as Run
Now option, but I'm having trouble with scheduling as recurring task. Task
shows up on Scheduled Task list, but hasn't run. Error message is: "... task
did not run because an incorrect password or user name was entered."

I do not use passwords (single user on my machine), so left that field blank
during that step of the wizard.

Can someone help?

None of the schdules tasks will run without a user name or a
password......create one!!
peterk

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
"Pam in NH" <Pam in NH @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a question about BackUp utility under System Tools. Works great as
>Run
> Now option, but I'm having trouble with scheduling as recurring task. Task
> shows up on Scheduled Task list, but hasn't run. Error message is: "...
> task
> did not run because an incorrect password or user name was entered."
>
> I do not use passwords (single user on my machine), so left that field
> blank
> during that step of the wizard.
>
> Can someone help?

How?

When I do this, will my system require a password to log on all the time, or
just to run backup?

"peterk" wrote:

> None of the schdules tasks will run without a user name or a
> password......create one!!
> peterk
>
> --
> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
> safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
> sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
> used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
> "Pam in NH" <Pam in NH @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a question about BackUp utility under System Tools. Works great as
> >Run
> > Now option, but I'm having trouble with scheduling as recurring task. Task
> > shows up on Scheduled Task list, but hasn't run. Error message is: "...
> > task
> > did not run because an incorrect password or user name was entered."
> >
> > I do not use passwords (single user on my machine), so left that field
> > blank
> > during that step of the wizard.
> >
> > Can someone help?

When you do thid your system will require a password to log on unless you
have PowerToys
There ia a setting in power toys where the system will boot right to the
desktop.
I am sure you'll find it
peterk

> How?
>
> When I do this, will my system require a password to log on all the time,
> or
> just to run backup?
>
> "peterk" wrote:
>
>> None of the schdules tasks will run without a user name or a
>> password......create one!!
>> peterk
>>
>> --
>> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
>> safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
>> sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
>> used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
>> "Pam in NH" <Pam in NH @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a question about BackUp utility under System Tools. Works great
>> >as
>> >Run
>> > Now option, but I'm having trouble with scheduling as recurring task.
>> > Task
>> > shows up on Scheduled Task list, but hasn't run. Error message is: "...
>> > task
>> > did not run because an incorrect password or user name was entered."
>> >
>> > I do not use passwords (single user on my machine), so left that field
>> > blank
>> > during that step of the wizard.
>> >
>> > Can someone help?

Did you find a way to advoid using a password for backups?
I have the same issue. I hope there is a way to trun off the password
required option for backups.
By the way you do not need power toys to 'auto login' if you do have a
password assigned to your id. You can make 1 - 3 registry changes - easily
do the same thing.