Reintroduction to EverQuest.

It's been about 6-7 months since I last played the game. At the time,
things were -really- looking bad for the game, what with the Woody-led
boycott for the OOW expansion and the "Guild Summit" and such. I
generally lost complete interest in the game.

Now that I have my own business, and my days consist of sitting around
with a lovely computer and of course, broadband, I've found myself
getting bored enough to entertain the thought of returning to EQ.

However, I'm worried. Is it essentially the same game? Have the
dynamics changed, has the economy continued to spiral out of control?
How bad have the populations gotten serverwide?

I'm assuming most of the people I played with have gone on to better
things, that's a given. If I do return, I probably won't be using my
65 cleric as my main.

Any other things I'm not considering? Thanks.

Clydefrog wrote:
> It's been about 6-7 months since I last played the game. At the time,
> things were -really- looking bad for the game, what with the
Woody-led
> boycott for the OOW expansion and the "Guild Summit" and such. I
> generally lost complete interest in the game.
>
> Now that I have my own business, and my days consist of sitting
around
> with a lovely computer and of course, broadband, I've found myself
> getting bored enough to entertain the thought of returning to EQ.
>
> However, I'm worried. Is it essentially the same game? Have the
> dynamics changed, has the economy continued to spiral out of control?
> How bad have the populations gotten serverwide?
>
> I'm assuming most of the people I played with have gone on to better
> things, that's a given. If I do return, I probably won't be using my
> 65 cleric as my main.
>
> Any other things I'm not considering? Thanks.

The game is essentially the same. Probably a bit harder due to the
relative dearth of new low-level newbies (low-levels not being PLed by
alts) so grouping in some favorite zones is probably affected to some
extent. During prime time it is probably not bad though you may find
significant changes in guilds and where people are.

On Veeshan, my primary server, I have noted that the bazaar hosts about
40 to 60 percent of the maximum number of traders.

=30=

Clydefrog <nekofrog@mailg.com.figureoutwhattoreverse> wrote:

[...]

OOW is infinitely better than GoD was. Non-insane mobs, better loot, some
raid content, only 1 locked zone. OOW I think is the best expansion since
Velious.

Clydefrog <nekofrog@mailG.com.figureoutwhattoreverse> wrote in

> It's been about 6-7 months since I last played the game. At the time,
> things were -really- looking bad for the game, what with the Woody-led
> boycott for the OOW expansion and the "Guild Summit" and such. I
> generally lost complete interest in the game.
>
> Now that I have my own business, and my days consist of sitting around
> with a lovely computer and of course, broadband, I've found myself
> getting bored enough to entertain the thought of returning to EQ.
>
> However, I'm worried. Is it essentially the same game? Have the
> dynamics changed, has the economy continued to spiral out of control?
> How bad have the populations gotten serverwide?
>
> I'm assuming most of the people I played with have gone on to better
> things, that's a given. If I do return, I probably won't be using my
> 65 cleric as my main.

The populations are lower. Mudflation of equipment continues with each
expansion. As newer and better equipment is available, the older
equipment goes down in price. As more of the new runes become available
their price goes down.

The game is essentially the same game, either you like it or you don't.
If you left because you did not enjoy it, I would not anticipate that you
will suddenly start liking it now.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 19 Dwarven Shaman, 17 Scholar

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:50:01 +0000 (UTC), Hippie Ramone
<kdeacon@scrye.com> wrote:

>Clydefrog <nekofrog@mailg.com.figureoutwhattoreverse> wrote:
>
>: It's been about 6-7 months since I last played the game. At the time,
>: things were -really- looking bad for the game, what with the Woody-led
>: boycott for the OOW expansion and the "Guild Summit" and such. I
>: generally lost complete interest in the game.
>
>: Now that I have my own business, and my days consist of sitting around
>: with a lovely computer and of course, broadband, I've found myself
>: getting bored enough to entertain the thought of returning to EQ.
>
>: However, I'm worried. Is it essentially the same game? Have the
>: dynamics changed, has the economy continued to spiral out of control?
>: How bad have the populations gotten serverwide?
>
>: I'm assuming most of the people I played with have gone on to better
>: things, that's a given. If I do return, I probably won't be using my
>: 65 cleric as my main.
>
>: Any other things I'm not considering? Thanks.
>
>OOW is infinitely better than GoD was. Non-insane mobs, better loot, some
>raid content, only 1 locked zone. OOW I think is the best expansion since
>Velious.

You would call mobs hitting for 3.2k and with an AE that can hit you
in the whole zone noninsane?

Uland 67,200 Hunter

"Meldur" <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:50:01 +0000 (UTC), Hippie Ramone
> <kdeacon@scrye.com> wrote:
>

> >OOW is infinitely better than GoD was. Non-insane mobs, better loot, some
> >raid content, only 1 locked zone. OOW I think is the best expansion since
> >Velious.

> You would call mobs hitting for 3.2k and with an AE that can hit you
> in the whole zone noninsane?

He's referring to the Exp mobs and single group named, not the raid mobs.

And he's right. OOW mobs hit for much less than GoD mobs, although they do
have more hit points to compensate.

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Talynne - Half Elf Rogue on Guk

"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in

> "Meldur" <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:50:01 +0000 (UTC), Hippie Ramone
>> <kdeacon@scrye.com> wrote:
>>

>> >OOW is infinitely better than GoD was. Non-insane mobs, better
>> >loot, some raid content, only 1 locked zone. OOW I think is the
>> >best expansion since Velious.

>> You would call mobs hitting for 3.2k and with an AE that can hit you
>> in the whole zone noninsane?
>>

> He's referring to the Exp mobs and single group named, not the raid
> mobs.
>
> And he's right. OOW mobs hit for much less than GoD mobs, although
> they do have more hit points to compensate.

They also tend to mitigate slow and summon, making soloing them
interesting to say the least.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 19 Dwarven Shaman, 17 Scholar

Davian <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote:

> "Meldur" <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:50:01 +0000 (UTC), Hippie Ramone
>> <kdeacon@scrye.com> wrote:
>>

>> >OOW is infinitely better than GoD was. Non-insane mobs, better loot, some
>> >raid content, only 1 locked zone. OOW I think is the best expansion since
>> >Velious.

>> You would call mobs hitting for 3.2k and with an AE that can hit you
>> in the whole zone noninsane?
>>

> He's referring to the Exp mobs and single group named, not the raid mobs.

> And he's right. OOW mobs hit for much less than GoD mobs, although they do
> have more hit points to compensate.

These AEs are bugged imho. I don't know the mob you have in mind but for
instance Hulcror's AE in WoS shows some weird behaviour. But as I said I
consider these oddities bugs.

Hagen

<hidone@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<<SNIP>>

> The game is essentially the same. Probably a bit harder due to the
> relative dearth of new low-level newbies (low-levels not being PLed by
> alts) so grouping in some favorite zones is probably affected to some
> extent. During prime time it is probably not bad though you may find
> significant changes in guilds and where people are.
>
> On Veeshan, my primary server, I have noted that the bazaar hosts about
> 40 to 60 percent of the maximum number of traders.

I'm also on Veeshan and noticed about the same in the bazaar. Was there some
exodus to EQ2 I didn't know about? lol

Along that line, I play both. I have met more newbies and first-time mmorpg
players on EQ2 than ever on EQ. IMO, EQ2 is easier to play regarding UI, but
EQ has more command options. Two different games, but I too am not seeing
many low-levelers on Veeshan at least. This is getting difficult for my alts
since I'm not an advocate of twinking and power-leveling (have done it, just
ruins the flavor for me that's all). Two-cents.

Greg Howard
Howger, Veeshan

Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
: You would call mobs hitting for 3.2k and with an AE that can hit you
: in the whole zone noninsane?

I've yet to get hit by a zone-wide AE. And the 3k hitting things elsewhere
are only a surprise the first time :) "Incoming Girplan Guardian"
*crunch* omg, Loading please wait.

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:58:34 +0000 (UTC), Hippie Ramone
<kdeacon@scrye.com> wrote:

>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>: You would call mobs hitting for 3.2k and with an AE that can hit you
>: in the whole zone noninsane?
>
>I've yet to get hit by a zone-wide AE. And the 3k hitting things elsewhere
>are only a surprise the first time :) "Incoming Girplan Guardian"
>*crunch* omg, Loading please wait.

Ok,I was exaggerating,but there is a fight in Ruined city of Dranik,
some epic mob,sorry forgot name,who will hit me when I am out
of bow range,bad enough from a Ranger's point of view. :)

Uland 67 Hunter