Windows extremely slow

I how somehow managed to make logging on to windows extremely slow.
After I have turned the computer on it now takes at least 5 mins before
I have access to windows and can use the icons.
In addition to this "Windows installer" appears.
I know that a little knowledge is dangerous and me playing around has
caused this - any ideas how to resolve this problem?

--
Highwayman

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:Highwayman.1naqdq@pcbanter.net,
Highwayman <Highwayman.1naqdq@pcbanter.net> had this to say:

> I how somehow managed to make logging on to windows extremely slow.
> After I have turned the computer on it now takes at least 5 mins
> before I have access to windows and can use the icons.
> In addition to this "Windows installer" appears.
> I know that a little knowledge is dangerous and me playing around has
> caused this - any ideas how to resolve this problem?

Have you tried restoring to a time before this problem occured?

Galen

Slow computer