Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Windows 7 problem I think help me please :(

Tags:
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
October 5, 2010 8:09:27 PM

All right guys im new to these boards, I have been close to going insane about this issue and i think its a Windows 7 issue.

My PC
Motherboard= Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
500 GB Samsung Hard drive
i7 870 2.93 mhz
EVGA ge 460 768mb video card
2 4gb Corsair DDR3 1333 mhz
850 Watt Diablotek power supply
Thermaltake element g case (though i was having heat issues)
Windows 7 64 bit system builders

So, my problem is when I run Final Fantasy 14, it will play fantastic no complaints there. Then like I will be playing and all of the sudden my pc will just reboot its self. I have been trying to figure out what the problem is I thought it was heat, got a temp gauge not the problem, thought it was a problem with the ram bought more ram, the list goes on. Then someone told me look at your event history. I did that after I reformated my hard drive completly through command prompt. Every time after it reboots it gives me the same error.

Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.

Now let me be clear, I have nothing on my pc besides Final Fantasy 14. It is the only thing that runs well that and Norton, im about to admit myself into the psych ward because this pc that i built is driving me nuts. My question is, is this a windows issue or what do you guys think it is. Please help, any ideas would be great im going NUTS!!!!!! :cry: 

More about : windows problem

a b $ Windows 7
October 5, 2010 8:31:44 PM

Frequently, a driver or application leaks registry handles, which means the driver or application opens the registry but doesn't close it. The open registry isn't a problem until you log off, when the profile of the logged-on user tries to unload the user's registry but fails because it's still in use.

Are you running any Microsoft AV like, Defender or Security Essentials?
m
l
October 5, 2010 8:57:50 PM

Well I have never turned on Defender nor turned it off. I read somewhere that might a problem but I havent turned it on. Is there anything else that could be causing this I am at a real loss? My system isn't overclocked or anything its running at lowest specs. I just reformated the HD and reinstalled the windows I didnt download anything besides the drivers on my motherboard software, and the evga software and the game. I dont know what the problem is.
m
l
October 7, 2010 4:34:40 PM

If your talking bout Windows defender then maybe that's not the problem too cause I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with win def on, never encountered that kind of problem. But I do have a friend, his PC suffers the same thing as yours, it reboots randomly when his playing. He changed his PSU then the problem went away. I hope this helps.
m
l