skaz

Distinguished
Good video. I picked up titan quest gold about a half a year ago and loved it. Good graphics, customization, and the most important part; fun.

I liked the comparison between the two. Especially because its comparing a game released over half a decade ago. =)

That clip with the shotty internet connection turns me off. Is that in single player? If so I think diablo 3 might be waiting at the bargain bin for me.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
My biggest problem with this video is the fact that their comparing a Fully Patched out game (TQ) to a Beta stage game (D3).

That said, I agree that the graphics for D3 is a lot weaker than I expected. Furthermore, does anyone think they hyped the game too early? I was ecstatic when I saw this video (see below) but today, I've forgotten all about D3 and probably won't buy the game as I have little interest for it at this point. Too little too late?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQk_CT7fY9E

Anyone else feels this way?

skaz

Distinguished

D3 is way over hyped. I think that's what makes that video even better. Regardless of beta tags and patches. If you look at D3 material and assume it plays extremely smooth it still comes across as an over hyped game. Especially in comparison to something so old like Titan quest.

Don't get me wrong, a fun hack and slash with semi-old school graphics would be an easy quick fix for me. But the entire online interaction turns me off. Constant internet connection while playing, what the hell is this? If I want to jump in on a single player game I shouldn't have to worry about lag spikes. Verification is fine, but constant connection is lame.

And the real money transaction auction house sucks. Not only does it give a one up to people willing to spend more money on digital items but its going to attract farmers. And the auction house for real money will implement fees. So blizzard gets a cut in the end. I'm sick of this nickle and diming with digital items.

After doing more research on this game I'll add to my previous comment, now this game if I do decide to play it will most definitely be waiting at the bottom of the bargain bin for me.

psychodegu

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Who uses dial up to play online games and bit torrents in the back ground. Sure WOW can work as the whole interface and system is designed to fudge player and monster movement so you don't notice when things get re-shifted to their actual position.

The option in Diablo 3 are going to be how you augment your powers. You don't really get to see that in the demo, but from what I have read it sounds quite interesting.

Titan Quest was really fun beat it several time solo, and several time multiplayer, but I kinda want to play other games now.

Your videos remind me of this @0:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64cWzSaiaWQ

tekmage

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
It's online only through battlenet. That fact kills it for me but considering the game is a decade overdue.. I'll be waiting til it's in the bargain bin. I was rather disappointed by what the game looked like and how much it reminded me of World of Warcraft.

TRENDING THREADS