CorpusBiscuit

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
I have an IS7 motherboard (800 mhz FSB) but have PC3000 Kingston ram. Tonight I (stupidly?) tried changing the bus speed to 667 (or something like that) to run in sync w/the ram, but the computer almost immediately rebooted. When it was restarting it locked up so I held the power button down for a few seconds to power it down. I reset the CMOS by switching the jumper and when I tried turning it back on I get nothing...there is a green light on the Motherboard that is lighting up, all the wires from the case are still connected and the wires on the front power-on button appear to be okay, but it doesn't power on. I'm kinda desperate here. Any ideas?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
My first guess would be you didn't put the "clear CMOS" jumper back on in exactly the right position, as this is what normally happens when the jumper is still in the "clear" position or is not connecting the pins.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

CorpusBiscuit

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
I tried placing the jumper on a couple of times just to be sure, but to no avail. Maybe the jumper got stripped? Is that possible?

Thanks for the reply.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've seen the plastic casing come off them a few times

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

CorpusBiscuit

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
So it looks like I had knocked one of the wires from the case loose (something I checked and didn't see anything wrong with) and thats why it wasn't powering on. I finally gave up and brought it into a nameless store chain and had them look at it. Apparently they replugged everything into the motherboard and it powered on. All it cost was my next born child...