Desktop blinks, then BLUE

April 11, 2005 5:08:01 PM

XP Home on a Dell Dimension 8200. Desktop wallpaper won't hold a theme.
Even with no programs or the browser open, the screen blinks a few times and
the wallpaper changes to blue. The icons/shortcuts are still there and
functional, but you have to re-set the theme unless you don't mind solid
blue. Even after changing to a theme it doesn't take long before it
blinks...then blue. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

More about : desktop blinks blue

Anonymous
April 12, 2005 8:34:01 PM

Guess you're on your own, buddy. Hard to believe your question has totally
stumped even the usually responsive minds of the MVP's at Microsoft.

"ralljtall" wrote:

> XP Home on a Dell Dimension 8200. Desktop wallpaper won't hold a theme.
> Even with no programs or the browser open, the screen blinks a few times and
> the wallpaper changes to blue. The icons/shortcuts are still there and
> functional, but you have to re-set the theme unless you don't mind solid
> blue. Even after changing to a theme it doesn't take long before it
> blinks...then blue. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 4:40:45 AM

I'm having the same problem on a HP Compaq NX9010 with Windows XP. It
happened after having problems with a virus identified as Surfsidekick
2. It installed a shinny red desktop warning me I had a virus and
recommending to use their software to remove it after paying.

After re-installing Windows XP I got rid of the annoying red desktop
but now all I get is the blue desktop. When I try to install a new
desktop theme it shows a white screen and goes back to the blue one.
Also, the red button in the mouse to get into the screen properties
doesn't work.

I don't know what to do now. Please help.

--
Andres Manuel
!