Boot Sequence Watcher

Is there a WinXP Boot Sequencer Watcher?

I have this program that loads during Windows Boot that I want to identify.
It shows up in my task bar for a few seconds, it's un-named and then it goes
away.
It could be nothing, but again....

I'm looking for an application that will stop each program that loads and
let me see what it is before it loads.

Dreaming?

Thanks,
Bill
2 answers Last reply
More about boot sequence watcher

    Bill wrote:
    > Is there a WinXP Boot Sequencer Watcher?
    >
    > I have this program that loads during Windows Boot that I want to
    > identify. It shows up in my task bar for a few seconds, it's un-named
    > and then it goes away.
    > It could be nothing, but again....
    >
    > I'm looking for an application that will stop each program that loads
    > and let me see what it is before it loads.

    Don't know anything like that, but msconfig and msinfo32 can show you the
    startup applications.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Bill

    Have you tried a logged boot?

    A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315222

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Bill" <bschmitt70@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a WinXP Boot Sequencer Watcher?
    >
    > I have this program that loads during Windows Boot that I want to
    > identify.
    > It shows up in my task bar for a few seconds, it's un-named and then
    > it goes away.
    > It could be nothing, but again....
    >
    > I'm looking for an application that will stop each program that loads
    > and let me see what it is before it loads.
    >
    > Dreaming?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bill

Boot Microsoft Windows XP