Trying to install program but...please see below

Just lately I have experienced the following problem which is: -
When I click to install a program I get the report -
>>C:\Windows\system32\autoexec.nt - The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS or MS Windows applications chhose close to terminate the application<<
This is beginning to drive me nuts as it will not allow me to install.
The programs I wish to install are XP compatible.
I therefore turn to my peers for a possible solution.
Greatful for whatever advice you care to offer.
DustyV

opa

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2004

Restore AUTOEXEC.NT and CONFIG.NT from C:\Windows\Repair and place them in
C:\Windows\System32 overwriting the existing ones. When you are done set the
read-only flag for these files, right click on each one and select
Properties.
Good luck,
Opa.

"dustyv" <dustyv@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Just lately I have experienced the following problem which is: -
> When I click to install a program I get the report -
>>>C:\Windows\system32\autoexec.nt - The system file is not suitable for
>>>running MS-DOS or MS Windows applications chhose close to terminate the
>>>application<<
> This is beginning to drive me nuts as it will not allow me to install.
> The programs I wish to install are XP compatible.
> I therefore turn to my peers for a possible solution.
> Greatful for whatever advice you care to offer.
> DustyV

Opa,
Many thanks for your reply - absolutely perfect.
Wouldn't have thought of that in a million years - really appreciate your
taking the time to help.
Thanks again -=- DustyV