Sign in with
Your question

Desperados or Commandos?

Last response: in Video Games
January 4, 2012 2:05:01 PM

Hey, I have played Desperados: Wanted Dead Or Alive...and it is the best Real Time "Tactics" game for me.

Of course, AOE 2 is the best Real Time "Strategy" game though my friends say "Civilization 4" is better but...meh.

Coming back to the point, I've heard that commandos has many problems like (1) not being able to save properly or at all... (2) No tutorial...game crashes if tutorial is clicked. (2) And very poor interface.

But still I hear few people tell that commandos is better than Desperados.

So in which commandos game were all these bugs/glitches removed and proper saving mechanism was implemented.

Which is the best commandos game (there are 3 "tactics" and 1 "third person shooter") with proper interface and tutorials.

More about : desperados commandos

January 4, 2012 6:52:36 PM

I think I've played the original commandos (WW2 era in snowy berlin and such)
I don't remember any problems with saving or tutorial... But same can be said about which version it was exactly, it could have been 2 or 3 just as well as original. The graphics are of course dated by today's standards, but the game is fun if you like the style.

Looking at the wiki I think it was the first one, but I'm not 100% sure
m
l
June 7, 2012 8:39:59 AM

addzy94 said:
Hey, I have played Desperados: Wanted Dead Or Alive...and it is the best Real Time "Tactics" game for me.

Of course, AOE 2 is the best Real Time "Strategy" game though my friends say "Civilization 4" is better but...meh.

Coming back to the point, I've heard that commandos has many problems like (1) not being able to save properly or at all... (2) No tutorial...game crashes if tutorial is clicked. (2) And very poor interface.

But still I hear few people tell that commandos is better than Desperados.

So in which commandos game were all these bugs/glitches removed and proper saving mechanism was implemented.

Which is the best commandos game (there are 3 "tactics" and 1 "third person shooter") with proper interface and tutorials.

Hai
I am Naren Raj
you are right Desperados is the best game you could ever find.
but i also like commandos,
you would surely love it....start from the commandos 1(commandos behind enemy lines) and then 2 part....3rd ......4th......5th(though u may not like the 5th part becoz it had been made as a third person shooter game)
had you tried.....desperados 2 coopers revenge and desperados 3 helldorado.....
also try playing ceaser3 and phorah.
i am gr8est fan of desperdos
you can reach me at rajaputranaren@gmail.com
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 13, 2012 5:36:15 AM

rajaputranaren said:
Hai
I am Naren Raj
you are right Desperados is the best game you could ever find.
but i also like commandos,
you would surely love it....start from the commandos 1(commandos behind enemy lines) and then 2 part....3rd ......4th......5th(though u may not like the 5th part becoz it had been made as a third person shooter game)
had you tried.....desperados 2 coopers revenge and desperados 3 helldorado.....
also try playing ceaser3 and phorah.
i am gr8est fan of desperdos
you can reach me at rajaputranaren@gmail.com

I did try Commandos 1. But I didn't like it because everything looked pix-elated and the tutorial was not opening.

I am going to try Commandos 2 though. From the screen shots I have seen, it supports wide screen resolutions.

Desperados 2 Coopers Revenge...that I haven't played. I am currently playing RPGs...and they take some time.

I hated Caesar 3 because I was very bad at it and couldn't get past the third mission.

Some other isometric games (2.5 D) that I have played are Age of Empires 2 & 3, Dawn Of War 2 and Dawn Of War : Dark Crusade.
m
l
June 18, 2012 1:01:32 PM

the first desperados is awesome :D 
desperados 2 has some problems with windows 7 due to its drm U.U
i think i shall install it and see if i can get it working... i had it installed on this computer before its massive upgrade and it ran so damn slow even on lowest settings and then afterwards i just havent got around to installing it
m
l
!