Runtime error for msgukw

I constantly have an error message pop up, which says "Runtime error 5 at "
and then a sequence of numbers. After doing a clean boot, I found one
file/program had reticked itself in msconfig: msgukw which is located in
windows/system32/. Any ideas if I can delete it or what I can do to fix it?
Any help would be appreciated!

msgukw is not a Windows system file, and there is no mention of it anywhere
on the net. There are two possibilities,

1.) you have spelt it wrong or
2.) you have some form of malware on your computer.

I suspect the latter, therefore suggest that you download, update and run
Adware from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ and Microsofts'
Antispware from

I also suggest that you update your antivirus program and do a full scan

"Veronica" wrote:

> I constantly have an error message pop up, which says "Runtime error 5 at "
> and then a sequence of numbers. After doing a clean boot, I found one
> file/program had reticked itself in msconfig: msgukw which is located in
> windows/system32/. Any ideas if I can delete it or what I can do to fix it?
> Any help would be appreciated!

I have removed that file and registry entry. It doesn't look like it runs
anymore, but I still have the runtime error 5 message. Is there another way
of finding out what program is causing it?

My antivirus is up to date actually and continually told me everything was
fine after each full system scan I did!! Looks like I need to change to a
different brand. Microsofts AntiSpyware does give me one file it believes to
be infected: dxdgns.dll in the windows directory. I let antispy delete it but
when I restart the computer later, it's there again. It says it's infected
with Beast Remote Access Trojan.