Sign in with
Your question

Tri-boot

Last response: in Windows 7
October 5, 2010 8:38:06 PM

Ok. I would like to have 3 operating systems XP, Vista and 7 on one computer. I have 2 HD's on my computer. I will put Xp on my 70GB HD and that will work fine. When I use gparted live to partition off my 500 GB hd into 2 separate partitions do i make them as secondary partitions and format as ntfs? I am not sure so if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I am using gparted live.

thx

More about : tri boot

a b $ Windows 7
October 6, 2010 5:11:39 AM

You must have a primary partition. But why bother with Vista? I can see why you would want XP & W7, older programs may require XP if they can't run in W7, but any that run in Vista should work either in XP or W7.
Do yourself a favour and save the hassle of installing a 3rd OS and drivers then updating them all with Windows updates.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 6, 2010 10:51:02 AM

I'd agree - why bother with Vista when you have 7?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 6, 2010 11:07:15 AM

Why bother with Vista or XP when you have 7 :)  Just get Ultimate or Business and run XP mode........works great.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 6, 2010 11:11:11 AM

LePhuronn said:
I'd agree - why bother with Vista when you have 7?

If you were a developer you might want all 3 OSes so that you could test your code on each of them. Just one reason that you might want to run Vista.
m
l
October 6, 2010 2:44:47 PM

I installed Vista out of boredom. I used the OS as my testing environment for batch files. Rather go with Linux lol.
m
l
!