display problem, lockups,errors

When ever i turn on my computer and click on my name at the welcome page it
loads the desktop fine then all of a sudden a couple of error messages pop up
1: internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. 2: dr,
watson postmortum debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close.
then it locks up it wont let me use the ctrl-alt delete to close anything, i
have to shutdown puter manually. Any ideas on what causes this? I have
scanned system, checked for windows verification and used check disk option
but nothing is found, Im running win xp sp2, IE6 Any help on this would be
appreciated. thanks
--
KEN

Have you checked for Virus, Trojans, Spyware and Adware? You can use
these free sites

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html?source=appvisit

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

http://www.webroot.com/

"nithawk57" <nithawk57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When ever i turn on my computer and click on my name at the welcome page
> it
> loads the desktop fine then all of a sudden a couple of error messages pop
> up
> 1: internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. 2: dr,
> watson postmortum debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close.
> then it locks up it wont let me use the ctrl-alt delete to close anything,
> have to shutdown puter manually. Any ideas on what causes this? I have
> scanned system, checked for windows verification and used check disk
> option
> but nothing is found, Im running win xp sp2, IE6 Any help on this would
> be
> appreciated. thanks
> --
> KEN

yes i've ran ad-aware from lavasoft, sptbot s&d, and tweak reg cleaner and
nothing is found. i have been keeping my updates from microsoft up to date.
I'v done a complete system scan with norton av program again nothing. i
noticed now that it didn't do this when i logged on in the past 15 min. any
more ideas, i cant think of any rt now. thanks for the help.