Restoring system restore points from backup file

I lost my system restore (separate thread). Now I want to recover the last
set of SR files from my backup. Do you know which files I need to recover -
I am using XP Home SP2.

There seems to be a directory C:\System Volume
Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}

Is this the right place? If so, please tell me which files I need to
recover?

Thanks

Broooz

Restore points can't be restored from backup (unless you restore a complete
image of your system partition).

Modem Ani

"Broooz" <reply@newsgroup.com> wrote in message
> I lost my system restore (separate thread). Now I want to recover the
last
> set of SR files from my backup. Do you know which files I need to
recover -
> I am using XP Home SP2.
>
> There seems to be a directory C:\System Volume
> Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}
>
> Is this the right place? If so, please tell me which files I need to
> recover?
>
> Thanks
>
> Broooz

You can't.
If you need System Restore, you will need to find a different solution
instead.

If you would place those files back in, SR would not be able to use
them...but you could try.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Broooz" <reply@newsgroup.com> wrote in message
>I lost my system restore (separate thread). Now I want to recover the last
>set of SR files from my backup. Do you know which files I need to
>recover - I am using XP Home SP2.
>
> There seems to be a directory C:\System Volume
> Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}
>
> Is this the right place? If so, please tell me which files I need to
> recover?
>
> Thanks
>
> Broooz

Thanks - what about if I replaced the whole directory?

> You can't.
> If you need System Restore, you will need to find a different solution
> instead.
>
> If you would place those files back in, SR would not be able to use
> them...but you could try.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Broooz" <reply@newsgroup.com> wrote in message
>>I lost my system restore (separate thread). Now I want to recover the
>>last set of SR files from my backup. Do you know which files I need to
>>recover - I am using XP Home SP2.
>>
>> There seems to be a directory C:\System Volume
>> Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}
>>
>> Is this the right place? If so, please tell me which files I need to
>> recover?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Broooz

That won't work either.

--

> Thanks - what about if I replaced the whole directory?
>

> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
>> You can't.
>> If you need System Restore, you will need to find a different solution
>> instead.
>>
>> If you would place those files back in, SR would not be able to use
>> them...but you could try.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "Broooz" <reply@newsgroup.com> wrote in message
>>>I lost my system restore (separate thread). Now I want to recover the
>>>last set of SR files from my backup. Do you know which files I need to
>>>recover - I am using XP Home SP2.
>>>
>>> There seems to be a directory C:\System Volume
>>> Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}
>>>
>>> Is this the right place? If so, please tell me which files I need to
>>> recover?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Broooz

OK well thanks very much for the assistance. I guess I will have to restore
the whole image