Mouse cursor freezes or staggers

This time, I am going to get to the bottom of this :) !!!

Several times a day, my mouse cursor alternately freezes and staggers
across the screen for about 15 seconds. If I open Windows Task Manager
to try to see which processes are using CPU resources then, I must
click on the CPU header in order to sort on CPU use, but since the
cursor does not work, I cannot do that until the problem is gone.
Catch 22. And even if I could see the CPU use, it changes so fast that
it is very hard to catch anything anyway. And, when svchost.exe is
using CPU resources, one does not know which system item or application
is using it anyway.

So, I wonder if there is any way to isolated the culprit. Any
application out there that is designed to do so? Any tip as a
beginning of my quest would be most welcome.

I am using Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer (the "plain vanilla" version;
cordless, optical). When it works, it works very well.

Regards,

Hans L

Hans L wrote:

> This time, I am going to get to the bottom of this :) !!!
>
> Several times a day, my mouse cursor alternately freezes and staggers
> across the screen for about 15 seconds. If I open Windows Task
> Manager to try to see which processes are using CPU resources then, I
> must click on the CPU header in order to sort on CPU use, but since
> the cursor does not work, I cannot do that until the problem is gone.
> Catch 22. And even if I could see the CPU use, it changes so fast
> that it is very hard to catch anything anyway. And, when svchost.exe
> is using CPU resources, one does not know which system item or
> application is using it anyway.
>
> So, I wonder if there is any way to isolated the culprit. Any
> application out there that is designed to do so? Any tip as a
> beginning of my quest would be most welcome.
>
> I am using Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer (the "plain vanilla"
> version; cordless, optical). When it works, it works very well.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans L

Well, no rush!

Hans L