Sign in with
Your question

Xbox 360 120GB hard drive not recognized.

Last response: in Video Games
January 5, 2012 7:15:46 AM

Hi i got a Xbox 360 120GB hard drive and for some reason my Xbox doesn't read it no more. Now my hard drive is not recognized on my xbox when i put it on top, in it's proper slot. It is only detected as a USB device with 16GB when i connect it to the xbox with my transfer cable. I would like to know how you can make the hard drive work properly and be recognised as a 120GB hard drive when connect at the top of the xbox. Thanks
January 5, 2012 12:56:26 PM

Sounds corrupt, you may need to do a format.
m
l
January 5, 2012 5:10:04 PM

das_stig said:
Sounds corrupt, you may need to do a format.

I formatted it from my computer using the transfer cable but it's still not recognized on my xbox.
m
l
Related resources
January 6, 2012 5:48:40 AM

Do you guys think if I use a recovery tool like (EasyRecovery Professional) I should be able to recover all my files?
m
l
February 16, 2012 4:50:32 PM

this is because microsoft uses a special format for there harddrives. (Fatx) and right now i haven't found anything that is able to format a drive like that. They come that way from microsoft.

They don't tell you that using a transfer cable and an old harddrive will reformat it in a way that the 360 won't read it as a harddrive. They got me with this too. The only thing you can do is go buy one of there harddirves. I wasted a 160gb from an old system. But i'm holding on to it and hoping a tool comes out that will allow me to reformat it into the FATx. Sorry couldn't help you more.
m
l
February 19, 2012 8:10:50 PM

twomod said:
Hi i got a Xbox 360 120GB hard drive and for some reason my Xbox doesn't read it no more. Now my hard drive is not recognized on my xbox when i put it on top, in it's proper slot. It is only detected as a USB device with 16GB when i connect it to the xbox with my transfer cable. I would like to know how you can make the hard drive work properly and be recognised as a 120GB hard drive when connect at the top of the xbox. Thanks

I have a 60 GB if it does not know that your hard drive is in it it could be lose and not fully in because that happened to me once and i just took it out and put it back in. There could be a lot of dust or something under there or if you have a family member that may have played it or someone kk. :sol: 
m
l
!