I check Task manager and there are tons of processes running. How do I know
which ones I need and which ones I don't want or need????

Shenan,

Thanks for detailed post.

Msconfig, as you suggest, is indeed a friend.

MSINFO32 certainly gives tons of info. However, I haven't the foggiest
what any of it means!! And, since things are working, I don't care.

You obviously spent a lot of time in your answer and provided excellent
info. Many thanks.

Chet