April 14 Automatic Updates

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

My computer downloaded and installed the automatic updates lastnight. Now
the computer can not get past the startup screen. (Soyo Dragon start screen)
I am not able to perform a safe launch, it does not get that far.

Any ideas.......

John wrote:
> My computer downloaded and installed the automatic updates lastnight.
> Now the computer can not get past the startup screen. (Soyo Dragon
> start screen) I am not able to perform a safe launch, it does not get
> that far.

Hmm.. That does not seem like a Windows issue.
If it never tries to load Windows, it sounds more like your hardware has
forgotten what the hard drive is or something.
Go into the BIOS and check to be sure it sees the hard drive, etc.

--
<- Shenan ->

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I went into the Bios, did a reset, and everything is good now. It could be a
coincidence, but I have never had this issue in the 16 months I've been using
my home built system.

All is good now, but good things never seem to occur after an update.