Too many Games..

Tags:
  • Games
  • Steam
  • PC gaming
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 5, 2012 1:47:51 PM

Okay, I have been playing pc for about 6 months. I am beginning to love to pc gaming, there is no better alternative. One of the advantages of being a pc gamer is the price of games of much cheaper on the console. Steam contributes greatly to this. An example being portal 2 for €6.80 during the recent Christmas sales.

There is a problem now. I have bought too many games. Yes that is right, too many.
Take a look at my steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033064733/ga...

I decided to list out my games, and order them into which games I should play first.

Which brings me to my question, which game(s) should I play first?

Note: Some of the information on steam is false, I do not own 90 games. I think steam adds a bunch of free games to the list, so maybe I do infact have 90 games. Some of the time played is wrong too. Metro 2033, 0.1 hours played. That's not right, I finished that game already. Same for alot of these games.

More about : games

January 5, 2012 10:16:11 PM

1. Dota
2. Frozen Synapse
3. Moon Base Alpha
4. Prejudice, Section 8
5. Metro 2033
6. Borderlands
7. The Wicher 2
8. Team Fortress 2
9. Half Life 2
10. Fear
11. Counter-Strike
12. Terrania
13. Bastion
14. Orcs Must DIe
15. Amnesia The Dark Desent
16. Portal 2
17. Crysis
18. Skyrim

I had asked my 15 year old son and these are the order he would play them. Starting with the least exciting game to the best. In his opinion. Those games should keep you very busy for a few months.
January 5, 2012 11:40:55 PM

Hi :) 

Half life 2 first... Best of all of them (singleplayer)

All the best Brett :) 
Related resources
January 5, 2012 11:45:00 PM

just control yourself, you have some great titles there and well over 300 hours of gaming. lucky for you there isnt much coming out this month or next. so just work your way down the list and have fun.
January 6, 2012 1:05:55 AM

Just pick a random one (I have 400 + games so Im somewhat in the same boat). there isnt anything coming out except Borderlands 2 (if it stays and doesn't get delayed) in the the next few months, so you have plenty of time.
January 6, 2012 4:19:14 AM

Im a sucker for buying games on steam when they are on the cheap. I have games I bought 2 years or so ago I havent played yet.
January 6, 2012 5:58:18 AM

A kindred spirit.

Here is my list...

80+ games

The problem it that I really don't know where to start. I can never stick with something without wanting to back out and play something else, and I just feel so overwhelmed by the possibilities.

Sometimes I wish I was forced to play one at a time, only able to unlock the next game by completing the prior game.

If only there was a program what could do that.
January 6, 2012 10:13:53 AM

This is the order I would play them in.

Metro 2033
Skyrim
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Amnesia The Dark Decent
The Witcher 2
Fallout New Vegas
Portal 2
Batman Arkham City (Would be number 2 but in its current state it doesnt play so good, hopefully by the time you have played the others this will of been fixed)
Rage
GTA Vice City

A very nice selection of games by the way.

Check out my games list, my steam profile is in my sig.
January 6, 2012 10:28:25 AM

Personally;

STALKER SoC + Complete mod
STALKER CoP + Complete mod
The Witcher
FEAR
Fable:TLC

With Orcs must die in-between if you get board (sp?).

A lot of the other games are love/hate games. You either love them or hate them.
January 6, 2012 10:37:10 AM

I would say most games are love/hate. The thing that defines a good or bad game is opinion.
January 6, 2012 11:49:06 AM

Well if there are too many games to play you can always:

1. Drink more caffeine.
2. Drop out of school.
3. Quit your job.
January 6, 2012 3:53:22 PM

Gothams Finest said:
This is the order I would play them in.

Metro 2033
Skyrim
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Amnesia The Dark Decent
The Witcher 2
Fallout New Vegas
Portal 2
Batman Arkham City (Would be number 2 but in its current state it doesnt play so good, hopefully by the time you have played the others this will of been fixed)
Rage
GTA Vice City

A very nice selection of games by the way.

Check out my games list, my steam profile is in my sig.

I agree accept I would invert your list.

That way, he would play them in order from least great to greatest (starting with GTA:VC and finishing with Metro 2033).

Save the best for last...
January 6, 2012 4:01:19 PM

PCgamer81 said:
I agree accept I would invert your list.

That way, he would play them in order from least great to greatest (starting with GTA:VC and finishing with Metro 2033).

Save the best for last...

Not a bad idea.

We seem to have similar taste in games you and I.

I would also add Half-Life 2: Episode Two to the list of recommendations as it appears you have not yet played it.
January 6, 2012 4:21:31 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Not a bad idea.

I would also add Half-Life 2: Episode Two to the list of recommendations as it appears you have not yet played it.

I am not the OP. My games are listed a few comments up. I wish I had only been a PC gamer for 6 months. It would excuse my previously demonstrated ignorance, as well as make things fresh again. I envy those who are new to PC gaming. Who get to experience the significant step up in quality for the very first time (I still play Halo, however).

But we do have the same taste in games, I could take one look at your personal quote to see that.

Metro 2033 is also my favorite game (second only to you know what).
January 6, 2012 4:34:18 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Not a bad idea.

I don't think I have ever heard your opinion on Crysis/Warhead.

Are you a fan of Crysis?
January 6, 2012 4:45:01 PM

PCgamer81 said:
I am not the OP.

I am quite aware of that. I was referring to your post.

PCgamer81 said:
A kindred spirit.

Here is my list...

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n511/Samuel_Rosenbalm/mygames.jpg

80+ games

Edit: I can see how my post was a little confusing.

This was aimed towards you

Quote:

and this was aimed towards the OP

Quote:
January 6, 2012 4:52:47 PM

PCgamer81 said:
I don't think I have ever heard your opinion on Crysis/Warhead.

Are you a fan of Crysis?

I am not a big fan of Crysis, however that is not to say I don't like it. The graphics are amazing, and I enjoyed playing it but for some reason I never got any futher than a few hours into it. Perhaps now I have a better computer I will give it another go.

I have never played Warhead.

I enjoyed Crysis 2 however.
January 6, 2012 7:25:11 PM

Gothams Finest said:
I am not a big fan of Crysis, however that is not to say I don't like it. The graphics are amazing, and I enjoyed playing it but for some reason I never got any futher than a few hours into it. Perhaps now I have a better computer I will give it another go.

I have never played Warhead.

I enjoyed Crysis 2 however.

I can see your point.

Crysis isn't like Metro 2033, it just isn't worth your time unless you have the hardware.

There is a lot of debate about whether Metro 2033 is more demanding than Crysis and vice-versa. The thing I really like about Metro 2033 though, is it still looks and runs great if you have a mid-range rig. Metro 2033 may be very hard to completely max out in DX11, but playing it in DX10 (or even DX9) on normal is something even my laptop could handle at 60fps, and it still looked gorgeous.

Alas, such is not the case with Crysis. While it it is much like Metro 2033 in that it runs terrible maxed out, it is very much unlike Metro 2033 in that it is very hard to find a point of compromise between great visuals and great performance. That is why I always said Crysis was overall more demanding, even if Metro 2033 is harder to max.

I feel Metro 2033 has got a bum rap. It is a system crusher maxed out, but it is really playable on a wide range of setups, and looks gorgeous on all of them.

With that said, I wouldn't be going out on a limb to say that your rig will max Crysis, and with ease. I maxed it when I had one 6970. You have the 570, so I know you can max it. I got about 40fps totally maxed, and using the Natural Mod for improved lighting and god-rays. I would guess you would get 50+. Just a guess, though.

Crysis 2 is excellent. Although I must admit, I was a tad disappointed with the graphics. I guess when you are use to Crysis 1 and Metro 2033, it is easy to be spoiled. It does look significantly better in DX11 with High-Res Textures, though.
January 6, 2012 9:05:05 PM

All good recommendations here for play order. Really can't go wrong in any case.

Crysis may have the most crisp look between C1 and C2, but I definitely felt more 'into" Crysis 2. Such a great series if the story pushes your buttons at all.

On a sidenote, Battle: Los Angeles would basically be Crysis 2: The Movie if it had even 1 damned nanosuit =(((((((((((((
January 6, 2012 10:07:10 PM

casualcolors said:
On a sidenote, Battle: Los Angeles would basically be Crysis 2: The Movie if it had even 1 damned nanosuit =(((((((((((((

Interesting perspective. :D 
January 10, 2012 9:58:06 AM

1 GOD OF WAR
2 GOD OF WAR 2
3 METRO 2033
4 Rage
5 Skyrim
6 Crysis 2
7 Fallout New Vegas
8 Battlefild 3

4GB RAM, CPU AMD 2X 3.0,1GB Ati radeon HD 6450 ddr3 dirctx 11
January 10, 2012 10:33:19 AM

cile007 said:
1 GOD OF WAR
2 GOD OF WAR 2
3 METRO 2033
4 Rage
5 Skyrim
6 Crysis 2
7 Fallout New Vegas
8 Battlefild 3

4GB RAM, CPU AMD 2X 3.0,1GB Ati radeon HD 6450 ddr3 dirctx 11

How does the 6450 handle games (particularly BF3 and Crysis/Crysis 2)?
!