Need info on deleting files/folders

April 15, 2005 7:43:05 PM

My wife and I bought this PC used. We came across some files from Google (I
think) that are not suitable for this household. They are adult. They are in
the "History". We have been able to delete all but 3 or 4. I'm fairly new to
this and any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks........

P.S. Is there any software available that will automaticly block porn?
--
Dale
April 16, 2005 12:32:41 AM

In news:15B2C0A0-10EC-43C8-A125-F1F5398E4FFD@microsoft.com,
ret57170 <ret57170@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> My wife and I bought this PC used. We came across some files from
> Google (I think) that are not suitable for this household. They are
> adult. They are in the "History". We have been able to delete all but
> 3 or 4. I'm fairly new to this and any help will be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks........
>
> P.S. Is there any software available that will automaticly block
> porn?

Open Internet Explorer, click on tools, click on options. In the new window,
first tab, click the three delete buttons. One will delete temp files, the
other will delete cookies, and the third one will delete the history.

For blocking porn:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pfilter.html

Something like that should do the trick for you.

Galen
April 17, 2005 5:33:54 PM

zdnet downloads and in there search type block porn and
there will come up a program called block porn 4.1 and
hit the download button and save it to your document file
or the desk top and when it complete follow the
instructions and hopefully this will help you out bill

!