Rall

My desktop does not show the toolbar or the icons. I have tried xp recovery
etc. what next.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:DA3AC56D-C481-43FF-8851-D0709481F045@microsoft.com,
rall <rall@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> My desktop does not show the toolbar or the icons. I have tried xp
> recovery etc. what next.

Open the OS as far as it will go. Press ctrl + alt + delete > click file >
click new task > type in "explorer.exe" and hit enter. Does this now bring
up your desktop? If not then try to boot into safe mode by rebooting and
pressing the F8 key over and over and selecting safe mode without
networking. Once you're in there try this link:

305506 - How to Identify a Damaged User Profile and Create a New Profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305506

Galen