XP problem updating Service Pack 1

When I run Windows Update, it tells me that I need Service Pack 1, even
though this is a new computer. It seems that Service Pack 2 is already
installed. When I then try to install SP 1, it seems to be hung up. I hear
that it takes awhile to install, but today after 5 hours I decided that was
ridiculous. Oh, and I am on High Speed. Anyone know what might be wrong?
1 answer Last reply
More about problem updating service pack

    SP2 would include SP1 updates,no need to install.Try going to run,type:
    WinVer It'll show what version youre at.

    "Cybernana" wrote:

    > When I run Windows Update, it tells me that I need Service Pack 1, even
    > though this is a new computer. It seems that Service Pack 2 is already
    > installed. When I then try to install SP 1, it seems to be hung up. I hear
    > that it takes awhile to install, but today after 5 hours I decided that was
    > ridiculous. Oh, and I am on High Speed. Anyone know what might be wrong?

Windows Update Windows XP