Tags:
  • Windows Update
  • Windows XP
April 16, 2005 4:02:40 AM

When I run Windows Update, it tells me that I need Service Pack 1, even
though this is a new computer. It seems that Service Pack 2 is already
installed. When I then try to install SP 1, it seems to be hung up. I hear
that it takes awhile to install, but today after 5 hours I decided that was
ridiculous. Oh, and I am on High Speed. Anyone know what might be wrong?

More about : problem updating service pack

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 4:18:04 AM

SP2 would include SP1 updates,no need to install.Try going to run,type:
WinVer It'll show what version youre at.